• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fix, Fundy or Hauck? Headwork, who's best?

doo_man

Expert
I have decided no turbo or sc for me (don't want to add weight and too much power), want more hp this summer from engine mods. I am going to have porting/cams done and want someone that's reputable, and has "real" hp gains from their work. I don't have anyone local that's qualified, and hear good things about Fix and Fundy. Fundy is in Canada so that's a bonus right there. Anyone out there that has had the porting/cams done and has good/bad feedback to share?

Go with the Fundy stuff. Ray is great to work with and has a great package on the RX-1!

I have the cams,porting,hi-comp wisecos,ecp kit with 170 mains,qc-1 pipe,cut front clutch and 23 tooth top gear and this combo makes for 1 fun sled to ride.Rpms run a bit higher(10600-10800)but this sled makes power and is explosive in the midrange and pulls like a tank opn top.We have had very limited snowfall here the past 2 seasons but I got away a couple of weeks ago and was able to line up against an apex.Wewere both studded and clutched and in perfect hard packed snow conditions.We ran about 700 feet and I beat him by about 5 lengths and the margin would have been larger had we gone further.I am experiencing some oil consumption and have heard this has been an issue with some of the wiseco pistons.
Everyone told me that with the bigger jets and engine mods my fuel mileage would go down the tubes and I must admit I expected a substantial reduction: however I was very wrong.I usually run with 2 other rx-1s (1 is studded the other isnt) The studded machine is usually about $1.50 cheaper per 100 miles travelled while the unstudded machine usually burns about $2.00 more.I run hard but dont consider myself a speed demon so I cant comment on how hard the machine would be on fuel if I was runiing it at 10000+ rpm all day.
My last comment is on the 23 tooth upper gaer.I read alot of articles both for and against the idea of the 23 upper gear.I can honestly say that both bottom end acceleration and top speed have improved and I know this plays a big part in the mid range snappiness this sled has.

rx1 racer

why did you go with only 170 mains i am porting and putting in racing cams and splitting a apex valve cover gasket to raise the compression and i do to have the ecp kit and i am doing my own porting i am going to start with a 180 main do you think that mite be to fat this is on my 2004 warrior

180 mains do seem high but a trusted tuner I rely on keeps telling me that the rx-1s love there fuel so they might be the answer in your application.I also have 172.5s that I was going to install next fall as the plugs are really clean running the 170s.I also had put the pilots up 1 size but may switch back as I found the machine more tempramental to start and would load up quickly when idling especially in the warmer spring riding.Out of curiosity what compression are you aiming for.If you opt for the high compression wisecos call the tech support at wiseco as they are very helpful and will alert you on some things to watch for and be careful of when installing there product as well as there breakin reccomendations.

cam,s

i run 172 main,s as well. i started with 180,s but found that they killed my top speed. and my plug,s were black around the out side ( to rich ) and i found the # 1 gas hurt my numbers as well. but my gas mlage stayed the same on those long trip,s . ray build,s good stuff . and and affter sale,s service is exelent . ;)!

Back