• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

flooding when jumping

deerlodge

Pro
Website
www.deerlodgeresort.com
I have a 05 rx1 with a simmons turbo kit, ever since I have owned it it would run rich when taking small jumps. If I was to do a big wheelie and come down without being on the gas it would flood out, and I would have a hard time starting it. has anyone else had this problem before? any ideas what to look for?

Thanks
Rich

deerlodge said:
I have a 05 rx1 with a simmons turbo kit, ever since I have owned it it would run rich when taking small jumps. If I was to do a big wheelie and come down without being on the gas it would flood out, and I would have a hard time starting it. has anyone else had this problem before? any ideas what to look for?

Thanks
Rich

float levels too high, No blow off valve,

You also should have the mountain float bowls installed on these to help stop this problem.

77srxdude said:
I have a blowoff valve and it is still happening. I would love to hear some suggestions.

I had the same problem with bosh bypass valve , correct fuel pressure, correct float bowl settings and mountain float bowls on the Bender kit. I did as Hurricane and Dave @ Powdelites suggested - moved the pressure signal for the fuel regulator from the plenum to the carb boots (all T'ed together). Problem fixed ;)! :jump: :-o

That beeing said - I upgradeed to a Vortech Bypass valve from Ted J. after doing this (installed before the float bowl pressure signal pick up) . This was done to make sure I had a valve that was big enough. This takes care of the lean problem that can be caused by this setup when crusing with no boost for a long time (engine is seeing vacum and a plenum is seeing a small amount of boost/pressure)

Thanks guys - I do not have the mountain float bowls. I do have the lines t'd off the carb boots.

I will get the other bowls and see how that works.

Thanks!

mountain float bowls

What's the part no. for the mountain float bowls or who sells them? thanks.

Back