• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Foot Well Vibration

Stone9

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
I got a vibration upon acceleration that I can't figure out. I feel it in the foot wells. I checked the chain tension and it is good. I first noticed this after adding studs but I have no rubbing at all. Any Ideas?

It could be just the studs contacting the wheels, this does cause a little bit of a vibration. You might want to check your driveshaft bearing on the clutch side. Its easy to change if its never been done. Have also had ice build up cause a vibration as well.

Thanks guys. I'll check it out. Appreciate it.

No my track is not ratcheting. it is fairly tight.

mine used to do that bad. i checked chain case, clutch bushings, and clutch bearing. all were good but found my belt on the inside just broke, but the outer shell was together. did youy find your cause

No ran out of snow. I'm sure its something simple like the belt or the boogies running on the studs. hopefully I will figure it out next year.

I had a bad vibration and it ended up being the drive belt had flat spots on it from being stuck and burning the belt. These flat spots could hardly be seen or felt when I took the belt off. I changed belt and was like a new sled!

Did you torque your studs so that they are set into the track the proper amount?

Do you have studs in the center 1 " or so of track? If so they are likely hitting the top of your shock.

Do you have the vibration when you run it on a track stand?

They are set into the track pretty good. No I did not put studs in the middle. I have not ran it on the stand to check it out.

Back