• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Found a mistake in the Sept. issue of AMERICAN SNOWMOBILER

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
I read about the Apex in the issue of AMSNOW about how the new radiator and fan works, and how yamaha was able to remove the rear coolers due to the fact that radiator and fan were so effiecient..

But when i was at the dealer yesturday... i checked out the sled and they still have the coolers on the tunnel rails and above the track in the front..

The only difference i noticed was the coolers on the rails were smaller than the 03-05 models..

Yes, they do still have the rail and front coolers. But they DID remove the REAR cooler at the REAR of the tunnel.

snowbelt said:
Yes, they do still have the rail and front coolers. But they DID remove the REAR cooler at the REAR of the tunnel.

They never had a cooler on the back of the rear tunnel! it was an option to buy it extra mountain cooler from the dealer and have it put on, but as as far as i know, they never had a rear cooler.

In American Snowmobiler, I believe they are talking about removing the rear cooler, not any other one. Do the 05's have a rear cooler?

None of the 05 121 or 136 sleds at least had them standard. But the cooling was marginal so some guys put the on. Did not know that they made the side ones smaller.

On a similar note, I was thinking about putting a rear exchanger on my 06 anyway because it seems to help all that ice buildup in the rear of the tunnel. Should not hurt anything because you got a thermostat.

I also caught that welterracer. My 2003 Rx-1 does not have a rear exchanger and I have had no problems at all with over heating.

I noticed a mistake as well. They did not list the 1000cc option for the Renegade in their buyers guide. Aside from the bad writing it is almost every issue that I notice an error. The entire crew at that mag is a joke. If I weren't so addicted to sledding I would only subscribe to Snowtech, but at least Amsnow and Snowgoer give me more pictures to look at...

I am surprised Yamaha didnt make a heating duct to the rider from the rad fan. They should be able to do something with the rad system now.

Back