• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Found a new snowmobile patent from yamaha?

4 hole exhaust in some of the drawings. :Rockon:Gives me some hope of a built in Japan Apex replacement! ;)!

Well just heard last night from a very reliable source that the Cat/Yamaha agreement has been extended another 6 years! With this patent looking like a procross chassie with the basic frame and all structual parts made of carbon fiber reinforced composite, it makes sense. In my opinion we have seen the last complete chassis from Japan!

I'm thinking even if Arctic Cat builds this in the states . Yamaha will bring the fit and finish up to there standards. I'm thinking this will a very modular build with less parts ! Hey it is a Yamaha Patent so they have the control. I've been day dreaming about a 130 hp 435# 4 stroke . That would be awesome but I better start saving now or cash in my retirement. LOL !

I'm thinking even if Arctic Cat builds this in the states . Yamaha will bring the fit and finish up to there standards. I'm thinking this will a very modular build with less parts ! Hey it is a Yamaha Patent so they have the control. I've been day dreaming about a 130 hp 435# 4 stroke . That would be awesome but I better start saving now or cash in my retirement. LOL !
I say Amen to that!

Well just heard last night from a very reliable source that the Cat/Yamaha agreement has been extended another 6 years! With this patent looking like a procross chassie with the basic frame and all structual parts made of carbon fiber reinforced composite, it makes sense. In my opinion we have seen the last complete chassis from Japan!
Seems to me if there was a 6 year extension that would be big news to stock holders & the consumer for both OEMs. Maybe Cat wants 6 years but getting it is another matter. Agreements like this are announced as soon as possible to avoid speculation & rumors. No announcement then it didn't happen...imo.

If your scenario happens….WITH EPS….I'll be in line; and I'll bet it's a long one.

I made my own patent. Put a 300hp turbo on my already dialed in totally awesome XTX Apex. Nothing compares to this beast!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 124
I have really thought about a Yamacharger while not as powerful 20 more hp would be awesome on my XTX.

I did the Yamacharger thing, it did gain a little on top end. Spoil yourself with a turbo, its what that 144 needs. I run around at low boost, 9-10lbs and see no need to turn it up.

Seems to me if there was a 6 year extension that would be big news to stock holders & the consumer for both OEMs. Maybe Cat wants 6 years but getting it is another matter. Agreements like this are announced as soon as possible to avoid speculation & rumors. No announcement then it didn't happen...imo.
You could be right! However we were at the sneak peak in Milwaukee Wednesday night and the guy I was with asked Mr. powers outright, when are we going to see the next all Yamaha? That is when he told us about the 6 year extension with Cat! So I guess we all have our own opinions and wishes, we will have to wait and see!

So anyone else go to the Show in Wausau WI ? I have to say the Sidewinder is a work of ART !! The packaging and the plumbing is hands down near perfect.. My skidoo loving brother and a good friend weren't sold on the looks of the new Ski Doo they both said it looked Cheap! My friend also owns a $ 28,000 turbo 1200 and made the comment that his turbo is much larger then the Yamaha one . My question to him was.. But does it have a 4 year warranty? he laughed and said good point! Enough about Ski Doo,

I was amazed at how small the engine pack really was. The total width of the engine must be under 14" wide and the cylinder head only like 9" wide. They sure no how to get small motor to have big power. The one thing I regret was not having tape measure and comparing the 900 ace motor to the sidewinder.

I did get a chance to ask the Yamaha factory rep a few questions on the Patent for the Plastic Carbon reinforced chassis that marty f, found on the web. He claimed to know nothing about it but asked if we had some proof or was it just some thing we heard . My brother happened to have it saved on his phone and brought up the site. He was a very nice guy and said he knew nothing about it without batting and eye or making an expression! He did ask if it was filed under the Yamaha name and we showed him. he claims that it looked very interesting and said we can only wait and see .

So anyone else go to the Show in Wausau WI ? I have to say the Sidewinder is a work of ART !! The packaging and the plumbing is hands down near perfect.. My skidoo loving brother and a good friend weren't sold on the looks of the new Ski Doo they both said it looked Cheap! My friend also owns a $ 28,000 turbo 1200 and made the comment that his turbo is much larger then the Yamaha one . My question to him was.. But does it have a 4 year warranty? he laughed and said good point! Enough about Ski Doo,

I was amazed at how small the engine pack really was. The total width of the engine must be under 14" wide and the cylinder head only like 9" wide. They sure no how to get small motor to have big power. The one thing I regret was not having tape measure and comparing the 900 ace motor to the sidewinder.

I did get a chance to ask the Yamaha factory rep a few questions on the Patent for the Plastic Carbon reinforced chassis that marty f, found on the web. He claimed to know nothing about it but asked if we had some proof or was it just some thing we heard . My brother happened to have it saved on his phone and brought up the site. He was a very nice guy and said he knew nothing about it without batting and eye or making an expression! He did ask if it was filed under the Yamaha name and we showed him. he claims that it looked very interesting and said we can only wait and see .
A Yamaha Rep. that knows nothing about future product. ""I'M SHOCKED""!!!!! :rofl:

There is significant business risk in Yamaha apprising their employees of future product plans. It really shouldn't surprise you that most reps find out about new models ~1 week before the public does.

Back