• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fpp nitro turbo

Sorry guys, understandably been a bit busy lately.

Yeah, the FPP prototype stage-1 Nytro (with 7 lb sissy boost, pump gas, stock motor) got completed just in time for the Amsnow / Dynotech Adirondack shootout last Friday. It was built and signed up to run in the 600 Trail Mod class, but someone evidently whined about having to run against a turbo after they saw it run. Understandable, so at the last minute they re-classified it in with the mountain motors. Eh, regardless, FPP's turbo Doo 1200 swept the mountain motor class with all 3 awards (fastest MPH, highest MPH, and quietest). This poor stage-1 Nytro didn't stand a chance against that stage-2 Doo at 257 HP... :o| It wasn't designed nor intended for that level...

In all that snow with the shortened race track due to visibility (660 from 1000ft) it still ran 88 MPH, almost 4 MPH faster then D&D's fast 720 big bore SnoPro. Not sure of the ET, I think D&D had a slightly quicker ET, but had it stayed in that 600 class it might have won an award for atleast MPH?

I got a chance to rip it down Justin's test track before leaving for Woodgate. WOW, what a nice machine! Even though it's a rear mount, it has ZERO lag, burp the throttle at a stand still and it pulls the skis off the ground.
It has a nice big stainless muffler (exhaust is all stainless) so it's real quiet, exits the stock location. The whole design (exhaust and charge tubes) eliminates that huge iceberg that forms in the tunnel on the Nytro's... Huge benefit for those who have Nytro's and know of this weight gain problem.

Sweet and clean design and install, real stealth. Everything fits under the factory rear exhaust shroud and plastics, etc. utilizing the stock gas tank.
I believe he's trying to price it under $4k, not set yet though as there is no production or delivery schedule. This was only a proto...

More to follow I am sure, keep ya posted as I learn more.

Andy,
Justin's exhaust and induction system design will work just fine, that is not the limiting factor, the stock fuel delivery is... (regardless of fuel grade)
More boost is very doable with fuel system upgrades. (AKA: fuel pump and regulator, etc)

Low CR pistons are an option too, of course.

Basically most of Justin's Apex goodies work on the Nytro...

Just an update.

According to Amsnow, the FPP Nytro actually went 7.26 sec in the 660-ft Acceleration Test, at 87.72 mph in the Trail Mod class on that powder.

So in E.T. it looks to have beat all of D&D's trail mod machines, including their 901 big bore and Z1 turbo (with meth)... and the Doo 800R's (860 big bore), etc. and other, except for DynoPort's rocket MachZ1000 and the CJ's/FPP 1200 stage-2 turbo.

Like I said, for a stage-1 this thing rips out of the hole!

mbarryracing said:
Just an update.

According to Amsnow, the FPP Nytro actually went 7.26 sec in the 660-ft Acceleration Test, at 87.72 mph in the Trail Mod class on that powder.

So in E.T. it looks to have beat all of D&D's trail mod machines, including their 901 big bore and Z1 turbo (with meth)... and the Doo 800R's (860 big bore), etc. and other, except for DynoPort's rocket MachZ1000 and the CJ's/FPP 1200 stage-2 turbo.

Like I said, for a stage-1 this thing rips out of the hole!

Any updates? Costs? Availability?

Thanks,
KI

Back