• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FRONT PIVOT ARM FITMENT/INTERCHANGE QUESTION

ViperMan

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper RTX
HI FOLKS! AS MENTIONED IN A PRIOR POST, I BROKE MY FRONT PIVOT ARM IN MY 07 FX. THIS HAD BEEN REPLACED ONCE BEFORE WHEN YAMAHA PAID FOR MY BROKEN LINK AND REPLACED IT WITH THE SOLID BILLET KIT. THIS KIT INCLUDED PIVOT ARM P/N 8GN-47331-02-00 WHICH WAS ALSO STOCK IN ALL 2009 MODELS. CURRENTLY THIS IS ON BACK ORDER. FUNNY, WHEN I CONTACTED YAMAHA THEY TOLD ME THERE WERE NO KNOWN ISSUES WITH THESE FAILING (I NEVER BELIEVED THEM)....NOW THEY ARE BACK ORDERED? GO FIGURE. COINCIDENCE? I DON'T THINK SO. MY QUESTION IS THE NEW P/N FOR 2010 MODELS IS 8GN-47331-03-00. THIS IS THE 4TH VARIATION OF THIS PART AND THEY AREN'T AWARE OF FAILURE ISSUES?.....YEAH RIGHT!

THE 2010 VERSION IS YET ONCE AGAIN MODIFIED OR SO I'M TOLD. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF FORM, FIT, AND FUNCTION IS THE SAME AS ON PRIOR YEAR MODELS? I DON'T HAVE LEAD TIME WHEN MY BACK ORDER WILL SHIP AND WILL ORDER 2010 P/N IF IT WILL FIT. CAN ANYONE SHED LIGHT ON THIS.....I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE. THANK YOU!

:rocks:

I would order it.As long as the billet link is the same it would have to fit.They must be reinforcing arm even more.

Well, after being told from Yamaha the pivot arm P/N 8GN-47331-02-00 was on back order until the 17th of this month (but they are unaware of failures existing.......yeah, OK), and not getting a straight answer from Tech support on the 2010 P/N 8GN-47331-03-00 fitting for sure, I ended up purchasing the entire billet link mod kit as it was immediately available. My dealer (Sled Shop Racing) out of Castle Creek NY was a big help to me on this and even discounted the price to just marginally over what I had been trying to purchase in piece parts, and just over their cost.......kudos to Matt. With such a short riding season I'm anxious to get this resolved ASAP and even if it cost me $300.

Thanks to all who had input regarding this. Wish me better luck with pivot arm number 3!

:rocks:

i recently just spent 1400$$$ includiong track on my sled. the pivot arm was a change up that came with a kit and 2 rails and sliders, i wounder if ill have any probs

Anyone needing the pivot arm I strongly suggest inquiring on P/N 90891-50149-00 PZ50FX Rear Suspension Mod Kit. This includes the arm, billet link, wheels with bearings, shafts, brackets, bolts and much much more.....start with all new for about $300.00. My rear suspension has been re-valved by Hygear and I also use their twisted quick kit. I'm going to keep a much closer look on this installation and inspect thoroughly before each ride. Here's hoping this one treats me right.

I too just replaced my track with a new Camoplast FreeRide with 96 studs ($800.00). I'm also having all 4 stocks rebuilt $40.00 each minimum) I can appreciate the monetary investment required to partake in this addictive hobby. This definitely is not a sport for the financially frail. At least Obama would be proud I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy!

:jump:

Viperman, some one here said that the Hygear revalving was still a single stage valving and just stiffer. They had theirs redone by Carver I think with much better results and a progressive valve stack. I had mine done by Monster Performance in Upstate NY and they put me in a progressive stack and my shocks are a world better than stock. You might want to consider a different valving setup. I'll see if I can find that post about the Hygear valving to post up for you.

Motoman765, I would appreciate that. In all honesty I never considered the possibility of single vs. progressive, I simply took my tech's advise that Hygear was the ticket, and a dramatic improvement over stock. As a matter of fact my dealer uses them exclusively. You've got my curiosity up and I will pursue this from my end by contacting and questioning them in person. This certainly could be a contributing factor and I will get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the tip on Carver and Monster Performance.......let the research and method comparisons begin! Sure would like a sled that could hold up and be set up perfectly in stock condition from new. With such a short season I want to ride, not work on sleds and constantly buying parts or upgrades!

at least it's an easy job had mine changed today in under one hour including resetting track tension. I now have an extra arm in the trailer as well as a new front arm and extra billet link. Just have to get the arm to my welder to have the extra one braced

ViperMan said:
Motoman765, I would appreciate that. In all honesty I never considered the possibility of single vs. progressive, I simply took my tech's advise that Hygear was the ticket, and a dramatic improvement over stock. As a matter of fact my dealer uses them exclusively. You've got my curiosity up and I will pursue this from my end by contacting and questioning them in person. This certainly could be a contributing factor and I will get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the tip on Carver and Monster Performance.......let the research and method comparisons begin! Sure would like a sled that could hold up and be set up perfectly in stock condition from new. With such a short season I want to ride, not work on sleds and constantly buying parts or upgrades!

ViperMan, here is the link to the posts I was talking about.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=82438&start=30

Scroll down to the bottom of page three and read Soldier'spapa posts about his High gear valving and also click on and read the link in his post about the Apex/Attack shock valving. It applies for our shocks too. Warning it's a long read but tells you exactly what's going on with our feeble shock valving in stock form.

Back