• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel controller

bleedinblue

Lifetime Member
I have a stage 1 MPI from 2006. Controller i don't really like, any others i can purchase and plug in with no alterations that are good and how much $ do they cost?

I would like to know the same thing.

I think the RB3 is the only real awnser right now. Be nice to know the response time compared the GEMS.

I need to make a call to Ted J he sells them and is knowledgable I just need to call him sometime and chat about it. Probably the way I will go this fall.

hey bleedinblue, i live just outside saskatoon and i have a buddy who went to the rb3 on his sled. i'll get a chance to ride it the 25th in bc and i'm going to decide whether or not i'm going the same way too. i've got the GEMS and actually have a spare one too if oyu know anyone looking for one (or possibly two). i'm on the nytro mtx stage 1 by the way. will let you know how they compare after i ride them.

I started the year with the pc111 but my ignition box went for a crap so I had to try something else. I had no luck with the gems controller so I put on a boondocker box and ran problem free for 5000 miles. I would eventually like to put my pc111 back on or even try the rb3 but there is more adjust ability in the pc111.

stone88 said:
I started the year with the pc111 but my ignition box went for a crap so I had to try something else. I had no luck with the gems controller so I put on a boondocker box and ran problem free for 5000 miles. I would eventually like to put my pc111 back on or even try the rb3 but there is more adjust ability in the pc111.

Why remove PCIII fuel module if it only were the ignition module that went bad?

herby said:
hey bleedinblue, i live just outside saskatoon and i have a buddy who went to the rb3 on his sled. i'll get a chance to ride it the 25th in bc and i'm going to decide whether or not i'm going the same way too. i've got the GEMS and actually have a spare one too if oyu know anyone looking for one (or possibly two). i'm on the nytro mtx stage 1 by the way. will let you know how they compare after i ride them.
Let me know when you get back what you think.

kinger said:
I would like to know the same thing.

I think the RB3 is the only real awnser right now. Be nice to know the response time compared the GEMS.

I need to make a call to Ted J he sells them and is knowledgable I just need to call him sometime and chat about it. Probably the way I will go this fall.
Where do you get the RB3 and how much are they? What is the advantages of it over the others?

TBird said:
stone88 said:

Why remove PCIII fuel module if it only were the ignition module that went bad?

At the time I wasn't sure what was the problem so I had to test everything to make sure what it was. Unless you have the ignition module you cant adjust the timing so I figured I would give it a try.

kinger said:
What went wrong with the PCIII? Are there any that are reliable????!?!!??

I read teh PCIII was fine but the Ignition Module crapped out...which is a different component...

Heard of a couple RB3 getting so warm you could fry an egg on them, this when water got in to the connector and made a shortcut.
Water and electric = not good!
When the connectors been taken care of properly, electric grease and sheltered from water, they should be very solid, both RB3 and PC3, i've run with mine RB3 all season and not a problem!
I've heard of many MPI owners running PC3 with good results, and i believe it was Ulmer setting them up!

Back