• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel milage

just got back from another ride (fairly easy one) and i only got mid 13 mpg thats about 1 mpg less then before i put my aftermarket exhaust on. i wonder if this made it worse as i drove alot harder the first time i checked it. it has 1,600 miles on it now.

i havent checked how many miles per gallon yet, but last trip i used more fuel than my srx last year, same distance, same fuel stop. if i cruise at a steady 60 mph my rpm will stay steady at 8000. where as my srx would stay at 6250.

14 mpg would limit my fuel range to just under 130 miles wich is not cool.
My viper had aprox.160 mile range on a tank of fuel. :o| :o| :drink:

I know you said it was all stock, but did you include your carbides in that statement. I cut my mileage quite a bit when I put my Woody's Dooley's on.
2 thinkgs come to mind first off,

1. Snow conditions may effect mileage as well. The difference between fresh powder on the trails, vs. hard pack, or other trail conditions, can make a big difference.
2. If you just put new exhaust on, and you're anythign like me, your mileage would suck just because you're always hammering it to listen to the music!!!!

yea i put dollies on but im on hard pac enough where it i was rolling to a stop, the stud holes are all you see. i acually was pretty mello w/ the tune but hammered a little . no biggy i guess.

The best I have seen is just over 15mpg and that is going real easy on it. Granted that riding isn't completely groomed trails, but the majority was. With some powder, lake, and ditch riding this past weekend I saw one tank where I only got 11.6mpg.

I rode 160km on my '07 attak yesterday. I'm still breaking it in. Half was under 6000rpm and half was under 8000 rpm. My son's '05 renegade and I filled up at the same time. I took 4 more litres than him. I got 17mpg(Can), 14mpg (US). Renegade got 19mpg (can), 15.8mpg(US). I was on all groomed trails. No loose powder. Son found a bit of powder to play in-maybe went a couple km in it. The rest was groomed. Speed was anywhere between 50 and 120km/h. Avg was probably around 70.

600 was your son's Renegade a 600 SDI??? I have over 4000 km on my attak & when I have rune with the 600 sdi's they have always gotten better mileage than I (150 horses vs 125). Run with a buddy on an 800 rev & I always get better mileage than him. I usually get about 200 km (or 125 miles) range on a tank. Sometimes better if ideal conditions I have seen 240 km (150 miles) out of the 38 litre tank (10 gallons US). Sled is center studded & has 6" deuce bars on it, otherwise stock.

first ride this year on groomed trails with about 5 inches of fresh powder
my bros. 800 xp gade got 10mpg where i got 15+

i typically get about 15m ph and thats with alot of track spin, she just dont hook up that good
all stock exempt for 120 studs

Back