• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel problem 04 RX Wont start

YamaBomber313

Hey guys. Im just starting to wrap up my summer project. Yesterday I fired up my sled to check out the sound of the undertunnel exhaust I just finished up. Then I wanted to drain all the gas that was in the tank just to get some fresh gas for the season coming up.

I took the sled filled her up and now when I go to start it I get nothing. The starter is crancking but thats it. No sort of noise from the exhaust, its just cranking over.

If I pull the two lines from the tank, the hoses are empty, not a drop of gas comes out. I tried blowing into the vent tube and that didnt seem to do the trick.

Please help me figure this out!!!

I got it running. Now when it idles it seems to idle very high about 3k rpm.
there also flames coming form the glasspack muffler I had just put on. and when I give the sled a tiny blip of the throttle it just does a small backfire and pops. Please help me out.

EDIT:
Had none of these problems before draining the old gas?

You have a major exhaust leak.

I cant tell if you had it running good with the new muffler and then drained the gas or wanted to drain teh gas first?

Otherwise it sounds like its lean. I would make sure the fuel pumps are primed correctly. May mean disconnecting the gas lines again and blowing into the vent tub about 4 times till the tank is bellowed out and while holding the pressure in there try to start again and see if its better.

Back