• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FUEL PUMP WASNT RUNNING. FIXED WITH YOUR HELP.

DANX123

Expert
25 BELOW WITHOUT WINDCHILL. WENT TO START THE SLED NO GO!. THEN I REMEBERED AND LISTENDED FOR THE PUMP. NO NOISE. I TOOK OF THE SIDE PANEL AND TAPPED THE SELINOIDS AND AWAY IT WENT. YOU CAN LEARN MANY THINGS ON THIS SITE. THANKS

Same thing happened here a couple weeks ago...for good measure I bought and installed a new relay and am carrying the old one in the trunk!! Two of my friends have done the same.

Here's the relay part # 8FP-81950-00-00

Shouldn't cost anything. Went to my dealer and he gave me one under warranty. No problem with switching it myself either. They appreciated me keeping the load off thier shop.

bashley said:
Shouldn't cost anything. Went to my dealer and he gave me one under warranty. No problem with switching it myself either. They appreciated me keeping the load off thier shop.

You've got a good dealer. My dealer argues with me everytime i ask him about my sled. He just wants me to bring it in every time i hear a noise.

by your left foot...the 4 little relays...sometimes it's the 3rd one, sometimes it's the 4th one. Pull the plugs(if yours works) one at a time until you find the one that the pump doesn't come on...

Well this was a 1st for me as I NEVER have had a issue on my sleds before. As Friday night we saw -33 Cel and Saturday night saw -38 Cel with a windchill -49 Cel and my sled started right up on the 2nd try. Sunday morning it started right up again after being outside in the back of my truck all week and starting effortlessly. Then Sunday afternoon no fuel pump after it was running in the morning. It was so cold out my fingers were numb trying to get relay #7 off, which is the one in the foot well up against the chassis. Finially stopped by SRXTWINS on the way home to see if he had one, we popped it off and put on another one and the fuel pump came right on. I heated mine up and tryed it and it came right on as well, but after sitting for a while outside it failed again. Had to remove it again to get it to work. Trying to get it to slide back on in -38 Cel is a #$%&* , cut the tie wrap and switch #4 & #7 Relays [the inside & outside relays] this will make it alot easier to deal with encase it acts up in the future.

Might not be a bad idea to carry a spare relay, the CDN number is 8FP 81950-00

Thanks for the extra Fingers Brian, Rosemary says she had a nice visit with Margaret while we B.S.'ed :flag:

hey, 3 of those relays are the SAME relay...you could have just switched them....

I carry my old one as a spare...

Good Info here guys...thanks for heads up,I think mine is abit finiky on cold mornings too....one morning i didnt hear fuel pumping up top,but after a few turns of key power it came on...

cheap part..Ill grab an extra.

thanks!
Dan

Guys...

not sure if anyone else saw this...but i just checked that part number for relay on fiche...

sure enough the part number has been updated to a new number,so Im wondering if they had enough failures for them to replace it with a better/new one?....hope so.

New number:
#8FP-81950-01-00

Dan

Back