• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel pump????

Fasttrax

Veteran
07 Apex, Recently noticed a bog off the line. Some days there , some not. Today got really bad, sounded like running on 3 cyls. Idling at about 1000. Give it very slow throttle, stalls. Changed plugs (they all looked the same) drained tank and installed fresh fuel, same thing. Fuel pump??? Please help. :o| :o|

Seems like fuel build up in the cylinders. Could be attributed to many problems, un hook the Grey connector located above the clutch by the gas tank, this is the electronic fuel pump. Start the motor, let it run and clean out the cylinders. Plug the harness back in and restart. It will run rough for 30 sec or so then all cylinders should fire with a good idol. If this continues, try adding a bottle of sea form to clean out the valves. If that doesn't work, your may need to have the valve timing adjusted...

TotallyNytro said:
Seems like fuel build up in the cylinders. Could be attributed to many problems, un hook the Grey connector located above the clutch by the gas tank, this is the electronic fuel pump. Start the motor, let it run and clean out the cylinders. Plug the harness back in and restart. It will run rough for 30 sec or so then all cylinders should fire with a good idol. If this continues, try adding a bottle of sea form to clean out the valves. If that doesn't work, your may need to have the valve timing adjusted...
Tried the grey plug, no improvement. It's so bad now that it will only start if i hold the throttle . Will not idle at all!! Weak fuel pump??? :o|

Well i'm still trying to get this thing up and running. Fuel pump is good, coils and plugs are good. Will only run if holding throttle half too full, will not idle. Injectors are my next option, i need help. Dealer is 150 miles from me so it's hard to take it in to check it out. All advice is welcome. :o|

Back