• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Full Season Review of Camso Storm 150 Track on SideWinder's

Anybody running the Storm 150 have any issues with some of the 1.5" lugs ripping next to the support areas of the lug?

**Bringing this back from the dead instead of starting a new thread**

Now that Camso has a Ice Storm 150, would that be a good option? I have a R-TX 129", never seen snow and I need to stud it but this looks like a nice alternative.

upload_2018-10-29_14-34-41.png

That's a great question and I'm sure that there's a few guys that might be considering this track and need some extra traction for icy conditions.

That being said with the hp levels that these sleds put out I'm going to say that I can not answer your question regarding adding the screw in type studs on the Storm 150. I don't ever want to give out any bogus info.

I would suggest contacting Camso directly. From my experience they are straight shooters and give out great info. Or you could contact CB Performance who is a Camso dealer and TY supporter: http://www.cbperformanceparts.com/
Yes the camso rep is now selling the track with icegrips

Just picked my '19 up and did a track swap to the Ice Storm 150. I'm going to give it a try first a couple of times before I decide whether to put regular studs in it. I hope I like it without studding, but decision will be based on a couple of rides.

ice-storm-150.jpg

Just picked my '19 up and did a track swap to the Ice Storm 150. I'm going to give it a try first a couple of times before I decide whether to put regular studs in it. I hope I like it without studding, but decision will be based on a couple of rides.

Looks awesome! Any requirements for tunnel protectors?

Looks like it, might be a dumb question but is there an advantage one way or the other?
Many find the single ply balloon alot more, and with the speed and power of these sleds, Id prefer always to run 2ply. Rip2 1.25'' is best all around track ive ever run.

Dan

Single ply only? No 2 ply?

Yeah, the Ice Storm is single ply and the regular Storm is 2 ply. Both are same weight at 39.6 lbs. Camso probably did singly ply on the ice storm to keep the weight down.

Many find the single ply balloon alot more, and with the speed and power of these sleds, Id prefer always to run 2ply. Rip2 1.25'' is best all around track ive ever run.

Dan
Gotcha, I will just stud my Ripsaw II then.

View attachment 142448
Does it require tunnel protectors

Does it require tunnel protectors

I do not know if this track requires tunnel protectors or not. I got the yamaha ones installed as I may plan on studding the track down the road if I feel I need it.

Mi

Dan
Might want to take a look at the storm 150 2ply i believe its seperior to the rip 2

I ripped many lugs off my storm 150 last season. I believe from the extra power with tune did this. I was running Max Spool 17 last season.

Back