• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Setting info that may help!!

MrSled said:
Front tips should be out 1/4" more then the rear as you have shown in the DWG.

And done with sled on the ground not suspended correct ?

Yes and best to have the rider on the sled but I realize you cant do both...LOL

As I said before this info is in your manual that came with the sled.

Well, maybe if you have a timeshift suit LOL

MrSled said:

I would like to add:
You should have a bungie or a strap on each ski tip to take up and slack or play!! (just a little pressure inward on each tip) THis seems to get ignored or over looked way to often....
and IF you can't have someone on the sled push down on the rear bumper and slowly release than do the same to the front bumper... NOW you can adjust!

08NitroRTX said:
MrSled said:

I would like to add:
You should have a bungie or a strap on each ski tip to take up and slack or play!! (just a little pressure inward on each tip) THis seems to get ignored or over looked way to often....

Very good point but begs the question do you tension it sympathetic for toe in or toe out (sorry to be a dick)

Meaning if say the skis are neutral how do you know if you should tension the ski tips or tension the back of the skis to take out play (oh no, I think I just went cross eyed, "austin powers from the movie Goldmember") I think I am thinking to much, think ?

The reason for raising the frount of the sled so the pressure is off is that anywhere from the top of the shock to the bottom with the wait on the sled the pressure will be the same . on a seimi with air they have a valve that sets hieght . The more load you put on the truck the higher the pressure but hieght stays the same . With the fox floats when set with no load the higher the pressure the higher the frount of the sled will sit when let down . It takes X psi to hold the weight of the sled ( 100 psi on my RX1 evan if one side is 4 or 5 in higher than the other both read 100 psi ) the only way to get them evan is to have no weight on the shocks . You can actually use the air shocks as a scale they do on the semitrailors .
Tom-RX1

OK I get it now!

Picture this:
If you are trying to get 1/4" toe out as your desired adjustment. Pulling the slack inward (slightly) at the tips will give you 1/4 toe out + any slack you may have in your skis.
Now If you were to pull this slack together at the heels of the skis and adjusted to the same measurement you would only have 1/4 toe out when the slack allowed it. Therefor t would be 1/4" toe out minus slack. Now when everything is tight and new NO problems. But once sleds wear some this slack grows and needs to be acounted for... But a sled with neutral or 0" toe out is dangerious with good carbides and but pulling slack at the heel you are not quite adjusting toe out enough and my have darting issues!

Now here'sthe curve!!
Excluding Slydogs as I understand it I have yet to try the toe in setting on my personal sled... I'm running my skydogs with my usual adjustment! (but they do need to be fine tuned, as they could be better)

Back