• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fx nytro vs 800 etec

ray628

Extreme
Anyone race against an 800 etec? How did you do? My buddy just traded in his 07 skidoo 800 for a 12 skidoo 800 etec shorty with 1.25" track. I have an 09 fx nytro rtx se and I just put on a schmidt bros stage 2 clutch kit with an air intake kit and stock exhaust mod. Last year with his stock 07 800 and my stock nytro, I would beat him out of the hole and then he would get me on top. I know I gained a little bottom and top end, what do you guys think?

I'm not certain it was an 800r I raced, but the Mach Z 1000 that was in the mix didn't stand a chance until until 900ft or so......with my mods I am fully certain I can beat one in 1000'. I have 2 in my group of riders so I will be making that race happen!

ray628 said:
Anyone race against an 800 etec? How did you do? My buddy just traded in his 07 skidoo 800 for a 12 skidoo 800 etec shorty with 1.25" track. I have an 09 fx nytro rtx se and I just put on a schmidt bros stage 2 clutch kit with an air intake kit and stock exhaust mod. Last year with his stock 07 800 and my stock nytro, I would beat him out of the hole and then he would get me on top. I know I gained a little bottom and top end, what do you guys think?

Did you get the overdrive put into the primary too? I was trying to figure out how close it would be with the stage 2 and the OD. Say you pull him out of the hole by a couple, and by the time the Nytro up shifts into OD, where would he be?

Dave

Well my buddies 2012. Is in the shop for repairs under 200 kms on it and needs a new ecu. He wasn't very happy when he had to ride his 600 for the weekend. So even if he does beat you just rub it in his face when your towing him home.

You will beat him to 5000miles thats for sure, the 800 e-tech has reliability issues all on its own so he may be faster but not for long....lol

Im not bashing ski doo as i also own a rev-xp but i have the 600 ace 4 stroke for the girlfriend and she loves it, even the dealer we bought it from said not to buy the 800 e-tech till it gets the bugs worked out.....and thats how i ended up on a nytro

No overdrive in the clutch.

I have the most traction with 96 studs, he has none. I used to beat him out of the hole anyway but now I have a clutch and he has etec.

shaddow44 said:
I'm not certain it was an 800r I raced, but the Mach Z 1000 that was in the mix didn't stand a chance until until 900ft or so......with my mods I am fully certain I can beat one in 1000'. I have 2 in my group of riders so I will be making that race happen!

Not a chance in the 1000. 660, yes to maybe..

TotallyNytro said:
shaddow44 said:

Not a chance in the 1000. 660, yes to maybe..

Lol, time will tell...I'll be posting a vid when the race is done ;)!

Drag racing a lot of the time has too many varibles. rider weight, conditions, traction, air temp, reaction time, rider balance.
Thats why I am suggesting hook them up bumper to bumper is fresh snow and see who pulls who... that will tell you who has the most powerful sled.
haha. If only back in the day this was used as the deciding factor of "best" sled compared to drag racing I would have to bet sleds would look completly different.

Back