• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas gauge

Dr. FeeLGooD

VIP Member
I dumped my Nytro upside down pretty hard being foolish. Anyway all is well except now the gas gauge only reads full when it is full down to to about 3/4, even when its empty. I'm thinking something bent inside tank. Anyone have this problem?

I took it apart.The float contactors did not seem to be making contact all the way through it's sweep after testing with an ohm meter. I cleaned that up and tested with an ohm meter again. It now tests ok but that didnt solve my issue. Either wore out sender (20800 k), gauge is messed (the case was broken when I was being foolish and I glued it back together lol, but everything else works on it) or a wiring issue. Maybe I will borrow the gauge off my buddies Nytro to see what happens but likely need a new sender.

I bought a used fuel sender and a used gauge pod. Turns out the pod is hooched. Does anyone know if I can take the gizmo from the old pod and put it in the new one to keep my total mileage correct? Where is the total mileage amount stored? I like showing people it has 21 000 + kilometers on it, and I would like my fuel gauge to work. I have my old one all glued together but I think the circuit board is damaged. Seems like maybe I could change the circuit board? Going on last ride of season today then I will investigate.

I feel you pain... But ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet! Sounds like you were having too much fun, never regret that! Curious if you figured out where mileage is stored. I am proud of my 15,000+ miles, still going strong! Wish I was riding 18APR too, they shut Maine trails down in March due to 2019-nCoV, plenty of snow but no groomers... : (

Back