• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas light flashing at 90 miles??

loudelectronics

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Website
presdwr.spaces.live.com
I know this has been talked about lots. However I put on 90 miles yesterday and the last bar came on at ~90 miles. When I went to fill, I could only put in 4.8 gallons. This was equal to 18.5 mph running high and varied rpm all day on trails. So by calculation I should have 40 miles left in the tank. Does the gas light come on early?

I think I have about 2-2.5 gallons left when my light comes on. I would give it a few more tries and make sure it repeats. If so, you may have to pull the sending unit and bend the rod a little. Then recheck and see how it goes.

Mine comes on with 2.0 - 2.5 gallons on as well. I got 70 miles when my light came on, but 60 miles was all powder riding, breaking trail ect. I think the mileage is awsome. The other brands that put out the horses I do are looking for fuel before I am.

Was riding with Skyboz last weekend and his light came on...we rode SLOW for another 20 miles until we got to the gas station to fill up. He put in 7.02 gallons of gas in.

I am not sure how Kruchy got 70 miles with the light on....we only get 95 miles to a full tank.

Daranello said:
I ran out of Gas at 88miles!!!!
I bet this was before she was fully broken in and in powder riding,Riding hard I can get about 100-105 miles a tank which comes out to about 15-16 MPG!

what is the actual size of the nytro stock tank? I have a trailtank sitting in the garage, just haven't installed it yet... right now with the stock tank I run out of gas at about the same time as my buddy and his 04 F6.

100 miles to a tank sounds about right. Four of us put on 600 km one weekend (09 XTX, 2 1200 Renegades & 09 Dragon 600) and the XTX was pretty much out of gas by 160km...mostly fast trail riding. That being said the Dragon was looking for fuel too, and his tank holds 43 litres compared to the 28 litres on the Nytro.

It was intersting that the 1200 Doo's and the Nytro were always within 1 litre at every fill except the 1200 can go much farther because of the 40 litre tank.
As for a 600 keeping up with either the Nytro or the 1200....not even close, the 700 Dragon doesn't even stand a chance.

My longest run was 97 miles. We were riding at a decent pace. The last 20 miles I went to the back of the group and was taking it easy. We finally found a gas station. I pumped it full and it took 7.26 gallons. Which puts my rage right at 100 miles. But I backed it down quite a bit the last 20 miles. I probably wouldn't have made it to the gas station otherwise. I now carry on of those little siphon tubes in my front storage bag at all times.

Yes, your correct only got 12mpg......but now over 500miles and only trail riding I get 13mpg....with the trail tank I should get 130mi range....remember riding up north is much differante than down south many of our trails are old logging road or.rail beds and ridding at 70-90mph is quite normal

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Daranello said:
I ran out of Gas at 88miles!!!!
I bet this was before she was fully broken in and in powder riding,Riding hard I can get about 100-105 miles a tank which comes out to about 15-16 MPG!

I was able to make it the last 20 miles home the other day with one bar and the fuel light on. I ended up getting about 120 on the tank. This was the most I have gotten on a tank and the best mileage I have seen so far. We were mostly riding hard packed trails averaging between 60-70mphs. We did do about 40 miles of ditch riding as well. My nytro has been getting better mileage as I put more miles on it. It still gets about 10mpg in heavy wet snow. The 40 miles in the ditch took a majority of the gas. I typically get between 13-15mpg riding rivers, lakes, trails, and cross country.

Back