• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas mileage on Apex / Attak

Between riding my attak and my boys and my buds apex gt clutched we are getting anywhere between 10 breaking thru 18" of snow wfo to 12 wfo down rr beds in maine in sloopy conditions to 14.5 on hard conditions,now i ride harder than the average bear.. :moon:

Apex getting 14.5-15.5. Definately worse than last year's RX-1 which takes 1 gallon less every fill-up. I thought the fuel injection would improve fuel economy, but it is actually a little worse. I am not complaining though next to most 2 strokes, it is very good. Yamaha must have the fuel map a little rich.

rx-1erlimitededition said:
Apex getting 14.5-15.5. Definately worse than last year's RX-1 which takes 1 gallon less every fill-up. I thought the fuel injection would improve fuel economy, but it is actually a little worse. I am not complaining though next to most 2 strokes, it is very good. Yamaha must have the fuel map a little rich.
Thats what I'm thinking, hoping there may be a remap comming at some point and time. I have yet to break past the 14mpg mark. However it does run smoothly with no glitch's, ( can't say that about my SDI the first few months of it's first season )

rtx getting 17.5-18.5 cruising and about 15 when i ran hard with the boys several 1/2 mile runs

Back