• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gear limited top speed

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Well.......more than one question.....
So, it's been said that the Sidewinder runs out of steam at appx. 122mpg at 8900+/-?
Is the gear what the problem is? Can it run faster with a gear change, while otherwise staying stock?
Lastly.....I turn it up to 250h/p and 9500rpm....with stock gear what's the appx. Top speed.

Easy stuff for the guys that have been there.

Thank-you, Joe

Might have a track plowed this weekend on our lake. Will post the results.

Will be some 850's there as well!

Might as well plow all the snow onto another track for the 850s because all I hear is how good the 850s are in deep snow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well plow all the snow onto another track for the 850s because all I hear is how good the 850s are in deep snow lol

Nah

I'll just plow a separate 600 ft track for the 850's. Apparently that's what measures real power. Lol

Maybe I'll plow a 2 ft track as well. I'm sure my sons mini 120 srx will compete with my SW making it as fast..... right?? Hahahaha

Go on dootalk. They make the 850 sound like a Sidewinder killer!
And to be honest, I have no idea. I don't own an 850 nor have I raced one.
And....I didn't buy the Sidewinder to drag race. Happy for guys that did. I hope it's quick as well as fast.

I bought mine for the rush.....no disappointment here. And when I do get bored, I know where to go......

Just make sure to plow a little pit area for the 850s so they can access their blown engines too

i have try 24/41 all other thing stock and did not get more than 118mph,and all stock whit stock 21/41 hit the same 118.so the only thing that have change is I lost a lot in acceleration.

i have try 24/41 all other thing stock and did not get more than 118mph,and all stock whit stock 21/41 hit the same 118.so the only thing that have change is I lost a lot in acceleration.
Ya,you just geared up a lot over stock,if I can find a 40 bottom I will match that with a 22 top soe 22/40 vrs 21/41 stock which has seen 128 mph gps w/tune,and generally in stock form sees 121 gps that is stock gear ratio.

Good luck finding a 15w hyvo 40 bottom. Unless you use a 13w then they're available.

Good luck finding a 15w hyvo 40 bottom. Unless you use a 13w then they're available.
why no one makes a 15 wide 40,heck I have a 39 bottom in 15 wide,wonder if its spline matches up,its a poo bottom gear,poo and yammi always used same spline,but this is cat/yammie now.

Do you have part number for a yamaha 40t 13w hyvo bottom gear?

Yes,you would be with stock power,to haul that gear ratio on snow from corner to corner you would need more power either eco or powertrail,or someones 250 plus kit.

Back