• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

general engine maintenence

REDMATER

Extreme
what is the engine maintenence,on the 4stroke 3cylinders,also are they fairly easy to work on,im a do it myself kinda guy. also what repairs have you guys had to do so far on the vectors(if any).thinking of taking the leap to a 4stroke but would like to know more about working on them a little more and there maintenece program.

thanks,redmater

Not really much to do. You could get a carb sync. Plugs every 2nd season. Other than the first one, changing oil before 2500 miles and filter before 5000 miles is a waste because in the snow the dust and dirt are down.
Part of the beauty is you dont need to do much except enjoy your sled.
You could grease your skid every 500 miles, that wont hurt.

nothin really, only thing i have done to the engine is changed the plugs at 1900mi, changed oil at 500mi but other than that i havent done anything other than that

I did the carb sync myself and the idle is really smooth after I'm done. It was *really* easy and gave me some quality time with the sled. Valves need adjustment at 24k or something crazy.

I don't see this thing being any harder to work on then my motorcycle, which is to say pretty darn easy.

REDMATER I LOVE MY VECTOR DO NOT MISS MY MXZ700 SKI DOO AT ALL
sled is great on fuel plus no 2cycle oil to buy

I ALSO LIVE IN EDEN NY WHAT A SMALL WORLD

You could adjust the valves at 60,000 km or aprox 38,000 mi. Thats only if you had to. :4STroke:

SKIDOZER said:
REDMATER I LOVE MY VECTOR DO NOT MISS MY MXZ700 SKI DOO AT ALL
sled is great on fuel plus no 2cycle oil to buy

I ALSO LIVE IN EDEN NY WHAT A SMALL WORLD

WANT TO TY RIDE SOMETIME.. LOTS OF SNOW OUT THERE.

It seems that the WNY region is well represented in this forum. I as well am from Chautauqua Co. We're practically neighbors. Was out last night - snow was great and still coming!

The secondary clutch itself runs with no grease. I'd recommend a good cleaning on occassion and a light coating of grease on the jackshaft before sliding the clutch back on.

Back