• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Generation TTX

image.jpeg

The skid is out!
I wonder if there is a bushing kit for the skid? Like the Oilite ones for the front end. First time I ever taken out the skid and boy it's heavy!

I will now take it completly apart and clean everything and powder coat the rail + some more details. The bushings will be changed and hopefully to something better.

Any more ideas of what I should do with the skid?

image.jpeg

Rear shock out and cleaned. The skid is completly apart now and I clean and polish everything right now.

image.jpeg

Today I started to put everything back together again. Everything cleaned and polished. Do still have to wait for some parts that I ordered.

You had asked about a block off plate. Contact Canoehead or search for his post. He has placed a copy of the one he designed on here and I had it made and installed on my Nytro. You likely will have to adjust the length cause you have an xtx and we had 121" tracks. I can tell you it works awesome. It was an aluminum plate that fastened on the bottom of the tunnel protectors. Made a huge difference in iceing - and I noticed the sled behaved more agile in the back end.
Call if you need more help
MS

image.jpeg

Installed! My wife had to help me to get it into the track.

image.jpeg

That bearing did I get for the drive axle clutch side.

You had asked about a block off plate. Contact Canoehead or search for his post. He has placed a copy of the one he designed on here and I had it made and installed on my Nytro. You likely will have to adjust the length cause you have an xtx and we had 121" tracks. I can tell you it works awesome. It was an aluminum plate that fastened on the bottom of the tunnel protectors. Made a huge difference in iceing - and I noticed the sled behaved more agile in the back end.
Call if you need more help
MS

Thank you! I guess I will get an alu plate and drill and cut everything by my self.

image.jpeg

Added this to the sled today. Got a pipe bend from a local company instead of the Yamaha original. Cost: 14 USD.

I ordered the tank bag deluxe and a black Viper flap from my Yamaha dealer today.

14244841-origpic-9f0cea.jpg

20974207-origpic-b73401.jpg

Hope they will arrive soon. Looking forward to the winter now!

Did increase the tension on the rear torsion springs in the skid to the heaviest tension. Decreased the compression on the rear shock 2 clicks and increased the rebound setting with 2 clicks.
I did also increase the coupling of the skid on the rear arm.
I want snow now!

Last edited:

Back