• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting warmer, still some good snow though

grossman

Pro
This is my last weekend of riding. Have a few friends headed up today so yesterday I drove up to the cottage and headed out to scope out the trails for them. Had to ride through about 30km's of snirt and completely bare ground at points but I did find some VERY good conditions eventually. Hats off to Kawartha Lakes SC and Twin Mountains SC.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 81
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 78
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 85
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 88
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 82
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 88
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 86

Your quitting riding with those nice conditions, here in southern minnesota we ride until the rivers open and the mud is out :jump:

rough rider said:
Your quitting riding with those nice conditions, here in southern minnesota we ride until the rivers open and the mud is out :jump:

hahaha, not willingly, believe me. Unfortunately I work during the week and have other commitments on the weekends for the rest of March.

Nice pics! great looking conditions for sure. I am headed out next weekend, Taking a few days off work, and getting a nice 4 day weekend in, for what will probably be my last days of riding also. Deff getting warmer around here, we got about a foot, but in 3-4 wks it will be mostly all gone...

grossman said:
This is my last weekend of riding. Have a few friends headed up today so yesterday I drove up to the cottage and headed out to scope out the trails for them. Had to ride through about 30km's of snirt and completely bare ground at points but I did find some VERY good conditions eventually. Hats off to Kawartha Lakes SC and Twin Mountains SC.

A bud from the Port Perry area is renting a cottage up in that neck of the woods this winter, and going by the pics he has posted, it looks like a great area to ride!

I went out yesterday morning from the Port Perry C/H to the Ganny and the trails were like concrete.
We got a bunch of wet snow a couple days ago so it was no surprise the trails would freeze solid when the temps dropped.

I did 110k and conditions did improve as the day warmed up but with next weeks forecasted temps, it very well might have been my last ride too? #$%&*
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pag ... ric_e.html

Attachments

• IMG_0176 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0176 (Large).JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0178 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0178 (Large).JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0180 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0180 (Large).JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0182 (Large).JPG