• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Goggles!

Richnytro12

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro
I have 509 Sinisters now, anyone have problems with these?
whats your best goggle?

fogging is the big issue for me, after hitting the powder this weekend the 509's where having difficulties staying fog free.

thanks!
Rich

I have 509 Sinisters now, anyone have problems with these?
whats your best goggle?

fogging is the big issue for me, after hitting the powder this weekend the 509's where having difficulties staying fog free.

thanks!
Rich
I have a pair of sinister from 509 as well always seamed to fog so I went back to aviators from 509 have had alot better luck with them paired with klim artic facemask

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Do you wear glasses for one? My Scott brand otg ones fog up but I have figured out it is because when I take them off my glasses get cold and when I put them back on my face warms them up and causes the goggles to fog like mad.

Do you wear glasses for one? My Scott brand otg ones fog up but I have figured out it is because when I take them off my glasses get cold and when I put them back on my face warms them up and causes the goggles to fog like mad.

no glasses

Do you wear a balaclava? No glasses makes me think the seal on the goggles isn't so good on your face. I had to try on a few different pairs before getting frustrated and saying good enough. It's one of those things where one size does not fit all.

Do you wear a balaclava? No glasses makes me think the seal on the goggles isn't so good on your face. I had to try on a few different pairs before getting frustrated and saying good enough. It's one of those things where one size does not fit all.

no balaclava, i have a smaller head though maybe fitting issues there. goggles and helmet are 509 and they are about 3 years old now

constant snow in the face definitely iced up the foam venting on the goggle. thought maybe there was a better design now since technology changes so fast and my helmet/goggle are dated.

thanks

509 makes a automatic fan that senses moisture and blows it out. Works good had it for a few years runs off an aaa battery
I debated on getting one of these. Glad it worked out for you!
goggles and helmet are 509 and they are about 3 years old now
I believe you just came up with a reason to have another pair. I was tol to always have a backup pair in case of fogging and icing issues.

I debated on getting one of these. Glad it worked out for you!

I believe you just came up with a reason to have another pair. I was tol to always have a backup pair in case of fogging and icing issues.
I also always carry at least one extra pair of goggles with me whenever I go out. Most times it's 3 along with other lenses incase conditions change

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I ran the goggle fan for a while and it works OK.....what really adds to it working is the addition of the Quick Strap so when you're stopped you pull the velcro tab and let it hang......

Attachments

• DSCN0150.JPG
    DSCN0150.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0151.JPG
    DSCN0151.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 82
What works the best thought is a breath deflector........just this alone an NO goggle fog or glasses fog ever....no matter the weather you're riding in....

Attachments

• DSCN0152.JPG
    DSCN0152.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0153.JPG
    DSCN0153.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 81

Back