• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

got another sled,now have the best of both worlds!4th brand

snownutz said:
If the polarises where as bullet proof as you said . Why don't they offer the warranties yamaha does. Plus my friends that ride polaris usually have their sleds in the dealers most of the time for recalls. Just my thought.
3800 mi on my 08 RR, NEVER to the dealer. 3 year warranty on the Polaris, 3 year on this Yamaha I can't sell. 1794 mi on my RTXSE, been to the dealer 6 times. 5 sets of sliders, top a-arm bolt, top a-arm, one leaky fox float, one leaky gas tank, one complete exaust(came off the sled in 4 pieces) one heat exchanger.......oh and one "update" for the cracked tunnel I know have.

Mod edit: Deleted the Moderator jab. Keep it up and you can have a vacation.

First off POLARIS are Essentially Bullet Proof when you go any where where there is serious ride I.E the U.P YOu see way more polaris then anythign else IDC what any one says. Also the RR witch handles better doesnt bend A Arms like its made out of tin foil. If you notice the only sleds that arent having problems with subframes, Suspensions etc. ARE THE SLEDS MADE IN THE USA, I will keep my nytro rtx but It will be a backup sled to and 09 600 shift 144 Thats my JM2C

Blue 4's Rule said:
My goodness, does this crap never stop!!!?? Congratulations to you on the sled you wanted, and now got!! Go ride it!!! Way to compare a sled that was never meant to jump 50ft gaps to a sled that was designed for it!! Sure Poo called it a "trail" version but it is their IQ 440 race chassis with and oil injected 600 and a bigger tank. It's meant for big jumps! Yamaha labeled the Nytro a rough trail sled, not an FMX riot, high flying, step up jump type sled!! Can we quit this stuff plz!? As far as nothing is built like a Poo, that statement is pushing it. Came of a lifetime of Poo and while they were good chassis's that statement is a bit much!! Go take a stock 600 IQ and jump it the same way you plan on jumping that 600RR and do a comparison. You'll have on crippled IQ! My point being that the stock IQ was not meant for it!! Like I said before, congrats on your new sled and I hope it serves you well!

I NEVER SAID THEY WERE COMPARABLE SLEDS, other people are trying to compare them. I don't have much experience with the trail IQ platform but i'm willing to bet they have their problems also.

Only sleds I compared are my 04 600 sdi and my nytro, they are very similar, the rev is alot tougher chassis wise but I had TONS of issues with the motor. So its either ride a lemon sdi, or a fabrigee front end nytro with a bulletproof motor.

In my case I have the ideal setup, go smash around ramps on the IQ and then go cruise some long trail rides on the nytro. The IQR prolly gets about 8mpg at the most and running 8500 rpm at 65ish mph across a lake is a bit of an inconvinience. But actually having warm hands sure makes cold rides alot more fun! FOr the life of me I cant understand why a 14000 sled does not come with working grip warmers #$%&*
Unfortunatly its not even worth selling my nytro, cant even get half descent $ for mine with less than 2000 km.

If YAMAHA is reading this tell r&d to:
-ditch the open subframe that picks up 30 lbs of ice and snow every ride.
-beef up the spindles and a arms(more), build for more ground clearance.
-move the gas tank back and under the rear of the seat, underseat dump exhaust. (balance weight)
-beef up the steering post mounts/supports
-change plastic/composite headlight support to aluminum that adds support to the shock towers.
-move the engine back further
-change round tubing in rear skid to square/thicker
-put some beefed up tensioners and steel axle on.

...but most of all pay me for all my patented ideas, my own r&d testing is free of charge :yam:

Heres my design thrown together in 5 mins

Attachments

• yammyredesign.jpg
    yammyredesign.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 55
if you guys don't like your sleds sell them. No point in being unhappy with what you got.

Daddy said:
snownutz said:
If the polarises where as bullet proof as you said . Why don't they offer the warranties yamaha does. Plus my friends that ride polaris usually have their sleds in the dealers most of the time for recalls. Just my thought.
3800 mi on my 08 RR, NEVER to the dealer. 3 year warranty on the Polaris, 3 year on this Yamaha I can't sell. 1794 mi on my RTXSE, been to the dealer 6 times. 5 sets of sliders, top a-arm bolt, top a-arm, one leaky fox float, one leaky gas tank, one complete exaust(came off the sled in 4 pieces) one heat exchanger.......oh and one "update" for the cracked tunnel I know have.

Mod edit: Deleted the Moderator jab. Keep it up and you can have a vacation.

It's the "I was riding around without a top a-arm bolt guy" LMAO... Thought he was gone. Sorry dude, you spew bs.

snownutz said:

They do offer extended warranties. I got a 2 year free engine warranty when I snow checked my xcsp.

I still see more polaris' riding on the trails than any other brand. Polaris at least offers recalls at no cost to fix issues.

I like yamahas, but they are far from perfect, as well as all the other brands.

Sedz, how much warranty work have you had done on your nytro? I bet you got those guys at Yamaha scratching their heads wondering what the hell you are doing with your sled. That's awesome.
Also, did you build your own ramps?

This is rediculous for gods sakes Who gives a #*$&@ about who said what ppl are just stating opinons. by know means is this sled perfect. but when some manufacturer comes out with the perfect sled let me Know. all sleds have there flaws. Some Like Polaris seem to have less whatever. it seems like there is about equal problems with every manufacturers sleds. this is just a YAMAHA forum so all we here about is YAMAHA problems. Sedz also isnt trying to COMPARE THE RR and THE NYTRO if its a true 440 Iq Racfer its no wheres near comparable. IM sure if everyone one had a true sno X nytro we wouldnt ahve bent subframes and ETC.

The problem with engineering a stronger nytro is that it would end up gaining a lot of weight. Either that or increasing the price by using higher quality components and more expensive metals in more areas. I would say that overall the IQR chassis is way overbuilt for your average trail rider. I do thing that square tubing in the rear skid, a nice big rail support brace and a not so micky mouse rear axle and tensioner would help a whole bunch.

Ghostrider204 said:
Sedz, how much warranty work have you had done on your nytro? I bet you got those guys at Yamaha scratching their heads wondering what the hell you are doing with your sled. That's awesome.
Also, did you build your own ramps?

None of my stuff on the nytro has been covered other then ball joints, even the bent spindle the first day I rode the sled (small 8 ft jump with a crooked landing). I only have been buying parts I have to to make it run, I can live with bent up stuff in the skid and front end. People on here got all over my case cause I was the first to say the front end was weak, no one believed me haha ...then it happened to everyone else!

Yeah we built our own ramps from the SCS plans. You really need to check em out in person, pics and video doesnt do any justice. Ramp is around 11ft tall and our landing is about 16-18 tall.

n293000716_1423909_5593.jpg

n293000716_1475283_6252.jpg

n293000716_1450965_4688.jpg

n293000716_1450966_4991.jpg

Nytro40th said:
I will take the sled Dane Ferguson used to win the gold

Really? did you see how bad his front end got bent riding outta his first flip? Heres a pic showing the dreaded subframe tweak. Also likely did the same thing I did to mine bent the post mounts down to the tank by the looks of it.

He got bucked on his second one which should have been a fine landing, weight and bent front end contributed to that if u ask me.

Not to take anything away from him, hes a badass for flippin that lip on a heavy sled...but he was the only one who landed what they called out of the 4 guys.

Big props to Mullin for helpin him out with sleds and yamaha for apparently getting on board.

Attachments

• dane.jpg
    dane.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 74

Back