• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

got my timbersled rear skid

ruffryder said:
sledskiing said:
My goal is to make it super quiet.

You mind sharing your thoughts on this? I got an N/A nytro and have been thinking about options for an exhaust, but my concerns are price and sound. Looking for cheap and quiet... seems to be the oxymoron of the motorsports industry....

Thanks

Don't really know yet. Currently looking at modding a take off stock exhaust from a YZ450F

Heard of several people that are exhausting their Nytros out the snow flap...tilting their exhaust down, and then a pipe takes it to rear of skid and then creating a whole in the snow flap to exhaust...

might have to try it...

well, i got the drop brackets and the skid, just gotta find the time to put the whole thing together. also got an under tunnel exhaust from lincoln county customs today. (havent even opened the box yet). LCC is lead by troy from TJ's. they seem to have some nice stuff available. i'll post pics when i start modding. let the diet commence.

gonna send my seat and the sled to the local shop that did the wife's yellow 40th anniversary seat cover for me. lets see if they can come up with a seat with storage for us. ski

all i can say is wow!!! the new under tunnel exhaust from lincoln county customs only weighs 4.5 pounds. nice welds, looks like great quality piece. even has torx screws holding the end caps on for ease of repacking, when needed. cannot wait to hear it. this is for a non boosted nytro. so those that wanting an under tunnel exhaust, they are out there and reasonably priced. ski

ask and you shall recieve. not installed but you get the picture. i put it on the scale for you. then took a pic of the outlet. the tip is pointed in a outward type location vs straight down toward the track. this should help keep snow out when under decel or idle rolling. some people complain of exhaust plugging when mounted under tail, from the track snow cast off. this should help with that. ski

Ski, is that undermount as quiet as stock? I tried out an Ultra-Quiet and is was anything but "Ultra Quiet" Sounded like a gutted out garbage can!

Here is my timbersled, with newly mounted powdercoated rails...

RearSuspensionMedium.jpg

i have not put anything together yet. just have parts in boxes waiting for one big wrenchin day. LOL!

bodi, grapeape has this exhaust on his apex and it sounds great, not too loud, not too stock. when there is more snow in the tunnel the exhaust is toned down alot. ski

So what is the cost of this under tunnel muffler & what has to be done to the pipe to make it work? Does it come with any seat brackets?

exhaust was 365.95+ shipping. have to cut about 5" off the mid pipe. uses stock seat hardware for fastening seat. that is why i am closing the tunnel off and having another seat made. it will be similar to a boss seat with a flat bottom velcro'ed to the top of the tunnel. that way you can eliminate the "doghouse", brackets and hardware from the current unit, and close the tunnel off from snow spray to the seat area. ski

I like the under tunnel idea, got some mods I am going to try and do this summer. Another option for the seat is to utilize an under seat polaris bag and use that for your safety/survival gear. That is what I want to do, so it is always there with the sled. Then put a rev gas can behind that, and then another storage bag behind that.

Seems like I am carrying too much stuff. :o|

Timber, you get anywhere with your exhaust mods yet?

survival gear (ie: probe, shovel, beacon, ect...)should go on your person (especially the beacon), or backpack strapped securly to you. if you are in an avalanche, and get seperated from the sled and cannot find the sled, you have no tools to help yourself or others. ski

Back