• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

had many sleds in past..but just found out

Smelter

Pro
I completely weared off my carbides and runners completely. just had skis left..wellwhats left of them. This is in 2 seasons on my xtx. Is this because odf the extra weight? Everyone Of my pervious sleds never wore out carbides this quick. It is what it is. changing to a 6" carbide from the four"

yahmahas problem but you need to fix... run larger idlers. Do a search for slider fix or hyfax wear

Rayman5271 said:
yahmahas problem but you need to fix... run larger idlers. Do a search for slider fix or hyfax wear

How are larger idler wheels going to prevent anyone from burning their carbides completely down to the skis????

Sorry I didn't clarify... most people would have assumed I was talking about the hyfax wear. Pull the front limiter straps up 2 holes and you will see an improvement on carbides as well... it takes a lot of the weight of the front end.

Rayman5271 said:
Sorry I didn't clarify... most people would have assumed I was talking about the hyfax wear. Pull the front limiter straps up 2 holes and you will see an improvement on carbides as well... it takes a lot of the weight of the front end.

I did assume you were talking about hyfax, but the original post issue here had nothing at all to do with hyfax wear. I didn't see the relevance to what was being discussed. No big deal. :Rockon:

little snow here last year..decent amount the year before..
Wouldn't pulling up the limiter strap put more weight on the skis??
Anyways new carbides and hyfax and new rear shock on its way

Never had any problems with this on any yams or any other sled i had . Running down trails that are dirt i guess could do it . last year here in mich wasn't all that great and my runners looked pretty good run a stud boy or a woodys

Smelter said:
little snow here last year..decent amount the year before..
Wouldn't pulling up the limiter strap put more weight on the skis??
Anyways new carbides and hyfax and new rear shock on its way

Yes pulling the limiter strap puts more weight on the skis.

glad to hear im not the only one who wore through already...the only thing is the added weight....i wore through 4inch dooleys in 900 miles....gonna replace with 6inch.....bad snow condtions for me tho

Boys, try a Shaper carbide instead of woody's.....I swear they wear ten times longer. And FWIW I just rode last weekend with my new StudBoy Duece bars and it made a world of difference in the darting and heavy steering issues of the Nytro, and that was with 9" carbides X 2!

I have ridden 2100 ish miles on my 4" carbides and lots of $hit conditions in there and road running, they are still in decent shape, good enough to run the rest of this season!

stopdropanroll said:
Boys, try a Shaper carbide instead of woody's.....I swear they wear ten times longer. And FWIW I just rode last weekend with my new StudBoy Duece bars and it made a world of difference in the darting and heavy steering issues of the Nytro, and that was with 9" carbides X 2!

Running Duece bars too. After ~900mi of mixed conditions the front bend of the bar is worn through about 1/2 through. But do agree that they do wonders for darting and control.

carbides probly broke off at some point and was just on the steel. wears much faster than the carbide. i was gonna try duece bars on my curves this year, good to hear some positive feedback about them.

Back