• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handle Bar Hoop?

Ruggybuggy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer FX 144
Does the hoop help protect the instrument pod from damage on a roll over? I've been riding the Phazer for a couple of months now and it's been upside down about 4 times. Last time I broke the windshield. Any good aftermarket ones? I was going to buy a Yamaha OE but pricey!

I've seen some just flip the mount upside down to lower the pod. Another one screwed it flat onto the headlight cover.

Cubby said:
http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/yamaha-phazer-gauge-pod-roll-bar-kit/

I have the Schmidt Brothers one and yet to test it out ;)!

G.B.

I use the one from Yamaha the relocation one. I love it, makes it look different from other plus protects it.

I was looking for something that would do double duty protecting the pod and having something to yank the sled around. Does the MTX's hoop help protect the pod? Just looking for a good solution that compatible.

735_SPG_Grab_Strap_MS100_Pic_2.jpg

I think just mounting it to the headlight cover would be enough and just get any handlebar strap.

guageprofile.jpg

2013-05-11%2010.51.18.jpg

I can't mount it to the headlight cover because I use a Yamaha windshield bag so I would never see the gauges. I saw a couple in front but it looks to interfere with refueling. I though maybe a supportive type hoop would work to protect the windscreen and pod. The new windscreen cost me $90 bucks. The sled's like a triangle and when it takes a nap it wants to do it on it's back.

Flip your mount up side down it only takes 5 minutes. It's the easiest way to improve your chances of not braking it on a roll over. If your looking for the handle loop Royal has a nice and cheap one! I have one and these things don't just flex with pushing on it. There easy to install fits perfect on stock bars. I have to tell you though watch your chin on it when you hit your helmet off it it does give you a good jolt.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/Catalo ... inter/#217 (Rainbow Bar Powder Handle)

Da Yammie said:
Flip your mount up side down it only takes 5 minutes. It's the easiest way to improve your chances of not braking it on a roll over. If your looking for the handle loop Royal has a nice and cheap one! I have one and these things don't just flex with pushing on it. There easy to install fits perfect on stock bars. I have to tell you though watch your chin on it when you hit your helmet off it it does give you a good jolt.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/Catalo ... inter/#217 (Rainbow Bar Powder Handle)

Thanks for the Royal link. I can't flip and install it in front unless I loose my windshield bag. How do you mount it behind the riser?

Ruggybuggy said:
Da Yammie said:

Thanks for the Royal link. I can't flip and install it in front unless I loose my windshield bag. How do you mount it behind the riser?

I was thinking of doing that first too but never tried it after. Maybe just rotate the riser block 180 by unbolting it from the steering stem? I dont know if that would misalign the holes for your windshield.

Dave,
You've rolled it that much already??
Holy sheeet!
How bad were they?

Motor was tested once, poor thing :)

Don't feel bad, I flopped the new Nytro already too- 700 total miles on it.
Bare ice to slush on a lake sliding sideways sends you flying...
Busted windshield ($90) hand guard mounts ($60) + bent the bars.
Got REAL lucky!
My bars/ riser took the hit on both accidents, get it lower than that high point & better your chances.

We need to keep 'em track side down, good luck with your re-locate mount.

Wow, flipped the mint Nytro. Maybe I should buy a Nytro in preparation of a soon available parts sled. ;):D Glad your OK and take it easy on that thing.

My upside downs were very slow speeds. The last on was getting of a road and hit the snowbank at an angle. The sled flopped over on it's right side and crack the windshield ($90 Kimpex).

I looked at relocating to behind the riser but impossible using the existing mount unless you want to mount the pod upside down. I ended up buying MTX handle bars with the heaters still on them for $50 so I'll swap it to get the hoop.

Back