• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hard lesson on buying a used modded sled

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
IMG_1981.JPG
IMG_2005.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG
IMG_2007.JPG
Hard lesson on my end trying to make sure all my i's are dotted and T's are crossed. When I was looking at the sled at the dealer they knew everything about the sled enough to make me feel comfortable buying it after I bought it and asked more in-depth questions they know nothing. It's a 2013 nytro xtx with a turbo and a boost gauge and a gems box. OK that all sounds good but now what turbo stage do I have and I thought I had a stage one but now I'm second-guessing that it might just be a 180 turbo? I understand if it's a stage one I need to get air fuel mixture gauge. Just asking for some help on what I have and tuning the gem box to make sure nothing melts down. We have no snow here so I can't do any testing with it. I'm leaning towards it's the 180 kit then what I still have to have an air fuel mixture gauge to tune or does somebody have a baseline to start out with for the nitro not sure all I can find is the Viper baselines for low elevation below 3000 . Thanks a ton just don't want to burn up a new sled with 1000 miles !!

Stage 1 is 180hp kit. As for mapping the kit would more than likely be an mpi kit hench the gem box.(more than likely. Not saying it is) the only one that doesnt suggest an afr gauge is mcxpress to my knowledge as its computer sensors read the afr and takr doen boost for you if correct.) I run an ulmer kit and have an afr gauge and i would suggest one but some would say you dont need. If it is on the proper programming and its a 180 kit, well then cam timing wasnt changed and you would have a little less worry about leaning out as your not pumping as much extra fuel and air into thr mix. If your are still worried about the mapping being wrong i would contact mpi for the programme and or some of the guys on here may be anlr to help a little more in depth.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

IMG_1982.PNG
IMG_1982.PNG
Thanks for your reply I am going to post and ask if somebody will share their base line 180 hp mapping on the gem box so I can compare to what I am running the updated below 3000 feet

Back