• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hard starting

I just put my Nytro back together, runs great, only problem is that I need to give it a bit of throttle to get it started.

Hot cold same issue.

At first it wouldn't hold idle but that's fine now, its just hard starting.

All the hoses to the throttle body are connected, maybe a bad throttle cable?

-Kevin

Yes, then it idles fine.

and then if you let off it will die and or the sled is hard to fire? Follow the throttle cable down to the rack and look for the linkage and adjuster screw on the rack that all the TBs are tide too. On the Apex there is a little box and linkage with a small thumb screw... I cant remember exactly wear the adjustment is on the Nytro. It also need new plugs if you are sure that you didnt bump that idle adjust.... maybe the plugs are slightly fouled.

Plugs look ok. I turned that idle screw out about 2 or 3 turns, seems better but I'm not convinced that was the problem. Why would that screw even be turned in that much in the first place

Yes it does thanks. Just doesn't explain why I had to do 3 or 4 turns out to get it to start properly when I never touched it. I was originally thinking throttle cable.

Back