• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hard warm idle stalls

Where can i find the torx with a hole in the center to remove tps bolts ?

Since its new years day and everything is closed you could try drilling a small hole in your bit, depending on the hardness of the bit. Might be worth a shot...

take a pair of needle nose pliers and bend and brake the nipple out. or what zapex2 said.
or wait till a store opens .
i would check it threw thr dash and with a multi meter.
Aperently tps can be faulty some times fyi

Black night.

My tps show 19-96 on dash
Spec on lower is 15-18 and im 19

Can it be the prob?

only one way to find out. try moving it back into spec.
have you checked the throttle plates. Not sure if you are the original owner but if someone has turned the screw that the plate linkage bottems out on for the throttle plates. this would hold the throttle open a bit. Just a thought.

Jocelyn, sometimes it's the most simple things.... Have you tried loosening the gas cap??? Perhaps the vent hose to your gas tank is pinched? That would allow it to start fine, warm up, but then not be able to supply enough gas and run on lean/less cylinders. Maybe have your mechanic fit a pressure gauge in your fuel line, just a thought... Also, with ethanol gas being used, some have experienced rotted fuel lines in the tank? Valves.... very unlikely! Have you/mechanic done a compression test when warm/trouble is happening? Might show a variance if indeed the valve adjustment was the problem... motor would have to be hot enough to pull plugs and install tester before cooling.

I check spark plugs all vacuum lines hose for cracks check tps was fine pick up coil off stator was fine clean iac valve , adjust co and still stalling. talk to my dealer and look at it he check it over put a used iac valve that he had.and adjusted the 4 air screw on iac runs fine.

Back