• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone ever gotten a ticket with an Excell exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rex, I have missed a couple deals on e-bay. I will start a thread to discuss this, I am in need of getting some this summer. Maybe there is an aftermarket equal. As for the excell it really depends on where you are and how many questions the wardens want to ask. I think four strokes aren't the main target. Has anyone with a four stroke loud exhaust gotten a ticket?

I got a ticket on tug hill for a loud exhaust ,But I think the trooper had a personal grudge for Aaron cause the trooper said he was writing him tickets before before he started Excell,prior to that I never had a problem.

I still can't decide if I want an excell or not. I love the sound but am afriad of getting a ticket. I have found one locally for sale and the guy said he has never gotten a ticket. Is it worth it?

They been cracking down everywhere on semi's and straight pipes.
They legally have to have 1 muffler.[/quote]

Also every small town in the country now has no engine brake ordanaces. Which is BS, but you can't fight it if you get caught, trust me it will stick. Even on interstates you now see it, and it is a safetdevice. Maxdlx

The jake brake thing always suprises me I could see time limits but it is a safety device, besides it's useually a lower tone rumble.

As far as the Harley's go, don't try and tell me the pipes are all for safety as well. I live out in the middle of nowhere and on my way home a bike will come to the four-way stop, wait and then just hammer through the gears, I can hear it for miles. The people that live on the corners (old farm houses) must get so irritated by it. There's no reason they couldn't respect the fact that it's 2:00am and people might be trying to sleep. Wait until your at least to the corn fields before jamming the gas. I think that the laws for bikes will eventially change as well. Most town people aren't going to put up with it.

I enjoy fast cars, bikes, sleds and such as much as the next guy but every hobby/recreation has it's inconciderate people just like snowmobiling. The difference is, we (sledders) have to get permission to ride, others don't.

I think for everyone the lesson is keep the noise down around towns and populated trails. This should apply to bikes and cars as well.

I heard that in Wisconsin they were writing tickets for any aftermarket exhaust systems regardless of how loud they were. Just the fact that the system was not stock was enough to warrant a ticket!

If this is true, then in Wisconsin you would want a system that looked as stock as possible. With the 4 stroke Yamaha's, any system with dual outlets would look stock. I doubt that many law enforcment officers could tell the difference.

The Excell exhaust however is very easy to recognize as an aftermarket exhaust system, which at least in Wisconson will draw the attention of law enforcement.

pipes

We lost two club trails last year because of .... LOUD SLEDS

Doesn’t matter if you agree or not that’s reality. To their credit the land owners warned us repeatedly over 3 riding seasons. They had finally had enough.

I have an Apex and a Nytro. I wish both of them were quieter, to be honest. Those droning 4-strokes get to you after awhile.

in Michigan with the new law in effect as of 03/03/2008 and the state desperately needing money...the landowners have been crying for this for years... the tickets will be written...you can bet on it....especially if you look non stock....you are liable to be tested!

Speaking from the perspective of a land owner with a snowmobile trail going through his property... loud sleds are a GOOD thing. If you're walking or cross-country skiing or something on the snowmobile trail on your land, its important to have advanced warning that sleds are coming so that you can get the hell off the trail.

LazyBastard said:
Speaking from the perspective of a land owner with a snowmobile trail going through his property... loud sleds are a GOOD thing. If you're walking or cross-country skiing or something on the snowmobile trail on your land, its important to have advanced warning that sleds are coming so that you can get the hell off the trail.

:jump: ;)!

LazyBastard said:

You feel this way because you love this sport....if you were the traditional land owner....the "waa-waa" of a stingered arctic cat at midnight would piss you off to no end...and therefore this law...

get ready Michigan for checkpoints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back