• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone raced an 800r?

Topgun said:
scott8888 said:
mnmsnowbeast said:
scottydog1 said:
rimmer said:
I traded a 07 CF1000 and a F8 for the nytro and MXZ800R X. Long story, but the nytro has about 130 miles and a 1.5 crosscountry track. The 800R is all stock with about 240 miles. In a bean field with 2-4" the nytro jumped the 800 every time for about 2-3 lengths and there were 4 of us taking turns. The field is a little over a 1/4 mile and at end the 800 would be 3-4 lengths ahead. On the way back home on a hard packed road we did a 30 mph roll on and the 800 pulled away. The 800R has a strong mid and the nytro has a crazy bottom. They are both alot of fun to ride and I like the nytro a little bit more at this point because of the 0-60 in the ditches. A trip to the UP with the trials and the 800R will shine. Yes the 800R feels stronger than the CF1000 and all I can say about my F8 is that it was a turd. I have had 11 AC and thought it was time for something different. So far I am real happy.

Excellant post, This is what I and everyone would like to see. You will have to try this again when the Nitro Has approx 500 miles (When the rings are seated) It may be a lot closer than you think. Coming from a Warrior to the Nitro I know the more miles I got on her the better she performed. Keep on running, You will improve performance While the 2 smoker will be going the other way. Thank you ;)! :Rockon:
Well scott,we now have a few miles on our 800r's and all i can say is bring it on,anywhere any trail,oh ya did i mention we will also pass you at the pump. later scottydog

i do not no why you guys are trying to compare these two sled the 800r is built for speed and rough trail the nytro is not meant to run with the 800 it was built to run with the 600-700 which it dose if you bought one to run with the 800rxpx or just for top speed your well be disappointed i personal do not except my girlfriend nytro to be munch faster then a 600cc

what i do not like is the poor fuel mpg compare to the 800r from what i see here and i doo talk the nytro average might be 12-14mpg mpg were the 800r look to be 13-15mpg
Comparing the two is all in fun. Nice being the underdog in a race, something to shoot for and nothing to lose if you don't win the race. As far as racing the 800r, hard not to when 2 of my riding partners have em. Those boys are just as eager to get mine going as they are theirs.
I love to get Pete's goat. I have always been the underdog with My 05 Warrior, but I have made a lot of (4) stroke believers out of (2) stokers. I hope after I break in My new Nitro (500 miles or so I can run Pete in a 660'). If of course the 800r can make 500 or miles w/ out detonating LOL Pete. He jumped ship this year for the new Doo and all I can say is Good luck Pete. I am sure we will line up this year so one of us can trash talk the other all in fun of course. :yam: :-o

when I decide to have the fastest sled I will put a turbo an my attak, until then I am just going to try not to fall off as much as last year lol. I am actually surprised the nytro is as close to the 800r as they are, sounds like either sled would be a darn goood time to me.

orange said:
when I decide to have the fastest sled I will put a turbo an my attak, until then I am just going to try not to fall off as much as last year lol. I am actually surprised the nytro is as close to the 800r as they are, sounds like either sled would be a darn goood time to me.

Any new sled is a good time and I think once this sled (Nitro) has some miles on it. It will surprise the R also the gas milage will be better once broken in. After a good day of riding and back to the camp. Its always fun to do a little trash talking, and digs. I am very happy I chose the Nitro this year and look forward to the miles ahead of me. ;)!

orange said:

WINNER WINNER, Chicken Dinner!

I have not ridden my nytro yet, at the dealer getting a 136x15 put on it, all this bench racing is making me want to just go get it and see for myself. I traded in my 900 cats so I hope it has the torque everybody says it has. should nave the nytro next week, I can't wait much longer.

mark said:
yammiman said:
I wouldn't think 138hp would keep up with 151hp - has there been any dyno results on the XP? - is it actually 151hp?

Nice lookin sled by the way scottydog1!! ;)!

Nope... Read a few different dyno results and they all seem to be around 141-145hp. God forbid you mention this to the guys who bleed yellow.

Dont get too hung up on horsepower ratings. Torque is what its all about. Thats why you see lesser HP 4 strokes out running there higher horsepower 2 stroke brothers. Its all about the torque.

IFlyEm said:
mark said:
yammiman said:
I wouldn't think 138hp would keep up with 151hp - has there been any dyno results on the XP? - is it actually 151hp?

Nope... Read a few different dyno results and they all seem to be around 141-145hp. God forbid you mention this to the guys who bleed yellow.

Don't get too hung up on horsepower ratings. Torque is what its all about. That's why you see lesser HP 4 strokes out running there higher horsepower 2 stroke brothers. Its all about the torque.
torque is what get you out of the hole HP is what wins med and top range HP wins the race TORQUE is what get you going it work the same why as cars and truck diesel truck pull greet gas cars go fast

your right 500 feet the TORQUE plays a big role after that the BIGER HP take over.as far as dyno reports go you will have the best reports you are going to see this weekend at snodeo

IFlyEm said:
mark said:
yammiman said:

Dont get too hung up on horsepower ratings. Torque is what its all about. Thats why you see lesser HP 4 strokes out running there higher horsepower 2 stroke brothers. Its all about the torque.

And oh My God This sled it the torquiest sled out of the hole I have ever been on. Played with my buddies 600 sdi and it isn't close. The hole shot is like beeing shot out of a cannon. My arms are tired from hanging on! Awsome power. Now where's Pete? short run Pete 660'? Long haul you will get me, in the short runs your R will have to play catch up LOL! My other buddy Has an 06 P-tech 800 gade and he was amazed on the grunt when he tried it. Oh by the way this was my 1st ride this season on it. Not broken in yet. should get faster just like my 05 Warrior did. WOW! :yam: :Rockon:

Please stopppp!!!! Mysled won't be done till next week. Track is in, waiting for the tunnel ext. and rail ext to come from hartman, guess they are backed up a few days on them. I am also putting extroverts on it so I don't have any ratcheting if I decide to put the mpi on it.

orange said:
Please stopppp!!!! Mysled won't be done till next week. Track is in, waiting for the tunnel ext. and rail ext to come from hartman, guess they are backed up a few days on them. I am also putting extroverts on it so I don't have any ratcheting if I decide to put the mpi on it.

It is hard to stoppp, when this sled is probably the best yet from Yamaha!!! I will be riding with my buds 06 P-Tech 800 renagade Friday. He has done quite a few mods to the sled Cudney clutch kit, cudney head, new bigger pilots for more fuel, also geared it down a tooth to give it more low end. I will let you know how my stock Fx Nitro fares. I am almost positive he will be playing catch up. (If he can) :flag:

scottydog1 said:
IFlyEm said:
mark said:
yammiman said:

And oh My God This sled it the torquiest sled out of the hole I have ever been on. Played with my buddies 600 sdi and it isn't close. The hole shot is like beeing shot out of a cannon. My arms are tired from hanging on! Awsome power. Now where's Pete? short run Pete 660'? Long haul you will get me, in the short runs your R will have to play catch up LOL! My other buddy Has an 06 P-tech 800 gade and he was amazed on the grunt when he tried it. Oh by the way this was my 1st ride this season on it. Not broken in yet. should get faster just like my 05 Warrior did. WOW! :yam: :Rockon:
Me and my friends couldnt believe the diff in throttle response and torque compared to their F7 efi and a 07 IQ 600 HO cfi
Mine makes those 2 sleds feel like 440 racers with low engagement!

good news good news, sled might be done saturday, monday at the latest, hartman shipped the parts on monday or tuesday. I am really getting the itch to ride. Have my daughter this weekend and then I think next week I am going to go find some snow up by duluth or wisconsin. Me and the salesman played a joke on my bud who got a nytro and is stretching his to. The salesman callled him and told him the parts were on the way but they got the wrong track in mfor him and it would be another week. The friend says well give me oranges, I bought my sled 1st and the salesman told him no cause I already told orange his stuff is in. lol We had to come clean at the end of the call but this guy was freeking out lol

I rode both yestersay. Hit triple digits with both but ran out of room to hold them wfo for a long period of time. They are both fast very fast. I think the Nytro pulls harder from 0-80 than the XPonce above 80 it gets to 90 pretty quick but then falls off the XP has alot from mid to top and will pull away after 80-90mph. I think it has alot to do with the gearing maybe add 2 teeth on the Nytro may get it a little more top end speed. I think with some airbox mods on the Nytro it could gain a few HP just from that and an exhaust will also help flow that air threw. The RTX suspension is hands down better than the X. You can have some pretty hard hits with the RTX and be just fine. All in all on a lake in stock form the Nytro wont beat the 800 XP on a lake in the tight and twisties that 800X will have its hands full the Nytro just has so much useable power its unreal. Suspension set up is going to be important to keep those skis planted.

unpride said:
I rode both yestersay. Hit triple digits with both but ran out of room to hold them wfo for a long period of time. They are both fast very fast. I think the Nytro pulls harder from 0-80 than the XPonce above 80 it gets to 90 pretty quick but then falls off the XP has alot from mid to top and will pull away after 80-90mph. I think it has alot to do with the gearing maybe add 2 teeth on the Nytro may get it a little more top end speed. I think with some airbox mods on the Nytro it could gain a few HP just from that and an exhaust will also help flow that air threw. The RTX suspension is hands down better than the X. You can have some pretty hard hits with the RTX and be just fine. All in all on a lake in stock form the Nytro wont beat the 800 XP on a lake in the tight and twisties that 800X will have its hands full the Nytro just has so much useable power its unreal. Suspension set up is going to be important to keep those skis planted.

Just got back from riding with my to buds. We had a golf course to line them on hard pack I have 96 pics down the ctr and he has an 06 ptech Gade 800 w/156 pics, cudney race clutch, cudney head and bigger pilots. Well here we go We tried each others sled and I noticed he had a great mid range, so this got me a bit worried. We lined them up and I would jump him every time, then when my mid range kicked in and then I would leave him approx 1-2 sleds behind in approx 900 ft I was hitting approx 95 mph and it was still climbing (ran out of room). Done all in fun MSG awsome race This nitro is awsome is all I can say. "QUOTE" For those that were unsure of this sleds performance they may want to take note when a nitro pulls along side you may get blistered. Awsome job Yamaha!!!!!!! Now I only have 60 miles on this sled. Where's Pete?
Oh by the way my left foot was dry all day, hit alot of powder too. Just have to play with setup in the corners. My dealer put 8" woody pro carbides and she is way to grabby. My spring tension on the back is set on high. I may bring it down to med and see if this helps. When I would hit a corner the sled wanted to grab and pull the inside ski. ANY Sugestions on set up?
:yam: :-o

Just wondering on 08NITRORTX what did you do to help this sled for corners. Is my 8 " carbides too much for 96 pics down the ctr or can I just play with the suspension? I have a standard FX Nitro.

:dunno: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Still waiting to see an R on the trails?

Still haven't had a reply from anyone on if 8" carbides are too much w/ 96 pics down the ctr. I softened the rear spring to MED and if you like to do wheelies this sled is the one. I enjoy doing this for show, but in the twisties I am slowly getting used to shifting my weight to the back of the seat so I do not have soo much ski Grab! We ran again after MSG changed his gears down 2 teeth and it was a little bit closer. Out of 8 races I took the P-tech Gade at least 6 out of 8 times. It seemed to want to wheelie on Med. setting. I transfered my weight accordingly so the ski's were dancing on the snow then he would see snow flap. I think if had it on Med and adjusted the limiter straps tighter it would help it bring down the wheelies. All in all I couldn't asked for more power and acceleration from a stock sled. Just got to get the set up right? Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Back