• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Haters

I hate guys that bash Yamaha suspensions all the time. take some time to work on adjustments before you b*tch about it. I've tweaked my Warrior and LOVE the way it handles and rides. Every manufacturer has its strong and weak points. If you hate Yamaha so much MOVE ON! We don't want to hear about it!!!! We are here BECAUSE WE LIKE YAMAHA!!!!! :yam: :4STroke:

This is a love hate relationship...LOL

Hornet, he told me someone came up to him, he broke away from the group as we here out on a longer ride ;)!

gsxr said:
A friend of mine hates my rtx apex also ,

BUT HE ONLY WENT 12KM ON HIS NEW SKIDOO 800R XP BEFORE IT BROKE A ROD , AND HAS A BIG HOLE THRU THE BLOCK !!!

HAHA !!!!! TRUE STORY

That's sad, and why I won't be buying doo or any 2 stroke as far as I can tell. The old rotary valvers I had were virtually bullet proof. The Mach z's were good too, but I did manage to blow one up (after mods, so it doesnt count). Hearing ski doo engine failures since the zx chassis was tough for an old doo guy. Just imagine if they didn't have the light weight going for them. Just another sled. Which means, Yammy wins! :yam:

MrSled said:

Hornet, he told me someone came up to him, he broke away from the group as we here out on a longer ride ;)!

Too bad we didn't run into each other. Man were those trails prefect! I am still dreaming about them :flag:

Ported Hornet said:
MrSled said:

Too bad we didn't run into each other. Man were those trails prefect! I am still dreaming about them :flag:

I know... I have never seen the trails that nice in the UP before... at least it hasn't been that good int many years.

rehm70 said:
Actually, I am somewhat of a "hater"

I hate the fact that Yamaha focused on the engine, and totally forgot about the rest of the sled.

The cold bars, the sloppy front suspension, the near un-rideable rear mono calibration, the non-replaceable bearing idler wheels that shed their skin. Just to mention a few small things.
I hate the fact that I spent 10grand, got all of these things, PLUS, it is no quicker/faster, nor does(did) it ride any better than my 7 y/o 800 MXZ Adrenaline.

I bought the thing, so I can't hate myself, but I have re-engineered things to the point where now I LOVE this sled.
Four strokes rock, (Yamaha, ones) we can't blame those other guys for being jealous!!!!

WOW, not faster or quicker than your 7 year old MXZ800 DOO?? Either somethings wrong with your APEX or you have one unusual running MXZ800. My Viper gives those fits in my territory. :ORC

PUSH MY BUTTON!!!

I had a guy on a 800 renegade, stop at a rest area on the trail and say, " Boy a 4 popper, better not go out on the ICE"........... How many guys would start a conversation insulting the other guys sled?

I just said " you havent ridden one have you?", he said well I rode a RX! in 03 ......

Yes I hate that and agree it is just jealousy.

Rehm70 I understand your beef, appreciate your input when constructive, you obviously know sleds, but ultimately this is a relatively constant group of consistant readers and we have heard it all before. Lastly, have you looked at the other brands top of the line sleds, with E start, reverse, fuel injection, 150 hp they are ALL OVER 10 GRAND. So it is not as though we payed a 50 % premium, more expensive yes, but less than 10+% and the most expensive component - the engine _ is in a league of its own. :ORC

Merry Christmass guys

LET IT SNOW ;)! ;)!

Yamadoo

I have one of those "haters" in the group that I do most of my riding with. (I'm the only yamaha) He started out with the cost being too high for yamaha's, then about the weight. After I had broken in my 06 attak I let him take it for a ride. After about ten min. he wanted off my sled. He said it hurt his arms. I asked him how it could hurt his arms and he explained it as every time he hit the throttle the sled pulled on his arms so hard that they hurt. Well It's been two years of him watching me not complain about hurting after a long ride, the little fuel I use compared to the rest, and the fact that my sled still looks as good as new. I won't even go into the oil thing. In 2009 there will be two yamahas in our group. Nugh said.

I think ragging on the competition is more of a cultural thing. We all do it and we all like to think what we have is the best.

Go back and read through some of the posts in this thread itself and you'll see quite a few posts excessively flaming Skidoo, just like you'll see lots of posts on Skidoo sites excessively flaming Yamaha's.

The reality in my mind is Skidoo and Yamaha are the two top sled manufacturers right now, with Polaris and Cat also making some very capable sleds.

The sleds all have their strong points too. Yamaha definitely makes the best sled motors and I think Skidoo makes the best sled suspension (not that I'm convinced taking a Skidoo suspension and installing it in a Yamaha would get you "the best" though).

When you take aggressive riders and push the sleds hard you'll always find the weak links. With Yamaha's it happens to be a bunch of "other" stuff, not the engine (normally anyway - unless you're unlucky...). With my Polaris sleds it was typically the chaincase and engines that failed and with my older Skidoo's it was typically the engines that went too.

I think we all have to admit that some weak links are rather embarassing too - such as, in our case, 3 years worth of delaminating idler wheels.

Also, anyone who posts on here that all Skidoo's blow up is just as bad as the guys on the Doo forums talking about the 1 ton weight, etc. on the Apex.

I can tell you first hand that even though we ride very hard, the guys on Skidoo's I ride with have now gone through at least 2 full seasons without a single engine failure (and that's an impressive statistic compared to before - there have actually been zero problems with their Skidoos in over 2 years until this season with the REV-XP). Even riding them hard, and for huge mileages, they don't all blow up.

BTW, I recommended to all of the guys I ride with to wait a year before even considering the REV-XP. Two of them couldn't resist the specs and went for it. Being a first year sled, especially an "ultra-lightweight" total redesign, I'm betting they will have their share of problems. I'm still probably take a few turns on my buddies new REV-XP MX-Z 800R X-package tomorrow and see what all the "hype" is about. He's replacing his 06 Apex ER and gets the new sled in the morning. I suspect the suspension is going to be awesome... (but those 800R engines don't have the best track record for holding together...)

Back