• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hauck clutch kit , Whats it going to do for me ?

Nytro Nork

Extreme
Hey guys i got this kit with my Nytro when i bought it. Its never been installed, mostly because i know nothing about clutching. What i am wondering is what will this kit do for my Nytro ? Will it improve my topend , bottomend or both ? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Clutch kit.jpg
    Clutch kit.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Helix.jpg
    Helix.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Sheave.jpg
    Sheave.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 121
  • springs.jpg
    springs.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 128
  • t_clutch_kit_006_198.jpg
    t_clutch_kit_006_198.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 111

If anything you will get better bottom end a mid range...top end may improve but I doubt it will be drastic..couple mp/h maybe.

I actually hear a lot of good things about his kit for the nytro.I wouldn't put on the overdrive sheave its a diffrent angle so it creates more heat because the sheaves aren't the same.

Those are adjustable fly weights. Looks like they are already set up with a starter recipe. I'd install them and try 'em out. You have nothing to lose. While I know nothing about the Hauck kit, there are excellent gains to be had through clutching. The key is tinkering with them and finding the right recipe of where to put the weights on the fly weight.

Otherwise, they look brand new, never used. Throw them up for sale.

pro116 said:
I actually hear a lot of good things about his kit for the nytro.I wouldn't put on the overdrive sheave its a diffrent angle so it creates more heat because the sheaves aren't the same.

Ya, I was wondering what the heck that piece was, lol!! What's an over drive sheave? You replace one of your sheaves with that one? Wow.

Super Sled said:
pro116 said:

Ya, I was wondering what the heck that piece was, lol!! What's an over drive sheave? You replace one of your sheaves with that one? Wow.

yes you have unthread the primary and it has a diffrent angle alllowing the beldt to go higher.In theory they work but you produce a lot of beldt heat.

It only came with 1 primary sheave! If ya changed the angle why would there only be one sheave ... ya need 2 . Looks like to me you will have one half of the primary of one angle and the other (in kit) of another angle causeing lot of heat!...... unless I'am missing something?

I keep hearing nothing but good things about Ulmer and Schmidtbros clutch kits. I'd have to ride a sled with one myself... I'm stock however my buddy has a bender clutch kit and I honestly didn't feel a difference. Maybe I just had that in my head while riding. It just didn't seem to pull very hard.

Back