• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you picked up your viper?

Have you picked up your Viper?

• I've picked up my snowchecked Viper.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought one off the showroom floor.

• I'm STILL waiting for my snowchecked viper.

• I'm going to buy one once my dealer gets the model I want.

• Total voters

I will picking up mine(Red LTX SE) this Friday or Sat (11/29 or 11/30) & Vector LTX gun metal blue

STILL WAITING :o|

I was going to snow check and missed the deadline by 1 day so I bought (put money down) on a dealer stock unit back in July.

He has only gotten 5 sleds so far one black is on the floor and 4 LTX's all snow checked. no reds yet or stock units.

Just got the call, picking up my Red RTX SE on Friday. Will be sure to post lots of pictures and hopefully a video, there is snow in the forecast.

I just got the call too..... My red XTX is at my dealer and being put together.

Where am I......... in Florida on business... WTF !!!!

Unfortunately the skid plates are not there but neither am I !!!!

Yamadog....I was thru Minneapolis this morning. When you finally get the Viper where are you gonna ride ?? Last time I was thru you had snow.... now there's none.

We have some in Manitoba but IMHO not enough yet but at least the ground is covered in some white gold !!!!

Freelance - I have a cabin in the iron range of Minnesota but do not like riding MN, the DNR agents are a bunch of @## holes here 55 mph speed limit all the time. I ride mainly out of Hurley WI I lease a place there for the winter. I ride all over the top of Wisconsin and UP of Michigan.

A normal day is hurley to Copper Harbor straight up to the top then drop down the east side to Bruce crossing over to Gogebic and back down to Hurley. I did a bunch of winter camping up trail 8 last year and hoping to do more this year.

Go out early in the day set up camp and then ride till 2 or 3 am stop back at the tent and build a fire. Thats if I am alone, most of my buddies have a fear of sleeping outside at -35 surrounded by wolves.

I am also planning at least 2 runs out to Yellowstone for 3 or 4 days.

Just waiting on the sled and some snow here :o|

Yes our coating left us - for the last couple of years I have been ditch banging for weeks by now - not this yr.

I would love to try Canada again sometime I met a bunch of guys from there at Haydays a couple years back and they keep inviting me but the DUI law kept me from crossing the border but I hear they have relaxed that.

Sounds awesome!!! Dancing with wolves........sleeping with wolves !!!

Hope yours arrives soon. My dealer was completely accurate when she said last Wednesday that it should arrive in 3 -4 business days.

Thanks for the heads up on the DNR. I plan on riding in the Rosseau/Rainy River/Northwest Angle area this winter.

At least your trail pass is cheap...... Ours is $125 and Ontario early bird is $180.

Sorry for the hijack folks !!!
I'll post some pics when I get to see it.

Yeah they are not as bad in the West part of the state. In the east we ride the Taconite trail and they hang out with radar guns.

I have ridden a lot with a buddy that has a cabin in Big falls and we ride north to International falls. All unmantained trails and rail grades thats a blast. Lots of open pit mines to play in with huge slag piles to climb.

Picked my blue LTX SE up today. Dealer had one for 2 weeks on floor, 12 came in today and they gave me the one off showroom floor, ??. They first told me it was going to a snow checked customer but I guess they wanted a showroom model for all to climb all over, scratch it up and then give it to me, oh well I have one so let the mods begin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2lapsdown wrote:
Yamadog wrote:
Yeah they are not as bad in the West part of the state. In the east we ride the Taconite trail and they hang out with radar guns.

I have ridden a lot with a buddy that has a cabin in Big falls and we ride north to International falls. All unmantained trails and rail grades thats a blast. Lots of open pit mines to play in with huge slag piles to climb.
You are a very long way from any open pit mine in Big falls to I-Falls, the tenting story needs work as well. There has been nobody ditchbanging in Northern MN for weeks before now in the last 2 years. Jesus. You must be from the cities. No wonder the Canadians won't let you in.

Maybe you should not take things so litteral - not the past 2 yrs but 3 yrs ago first snow was around the 7th 4 yrs ago we rode out of Hinkley on the 15th.

As far as the mines there was a good 7' of snow on the ground the areas were as flat as a table once you dropped of the rail grade and there is Slag piles 30' high all over the place you may call it a quarry I'll call it a mine - Tomato Tomato.

As far as the camping pack your gear and come along anytime if you got the moxy.

I take a 1 man Kelty tent my bag rated at -20 and another smaller one inside of it and a coleman lamp. I set up under large pine tree in the well so I dont have to dig down far. I don't cook or play cards I get in and go to sleep. I spent years sleeping in my truck in the logging truck parking lot behind the gas station in Twin Lakes.

As far as being from the cities well I would bet I have spent more time in the woods than you!

This picture is an area off of rt 77 we rode just southwest of little fork I assume it is a mine because GOD doesn't make a mess like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• GetMap.jpg
    GetMap.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 94

Back