• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Header bolts rattled loose

frogger1655

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX
I bought a used 2014 Viper XTX a couple of months ago and after taking off the fuel tank I realized that the header was no longer attached to the engine. All six bolts had rattled themselves lose and were gone and the gasket was shredded. My sled has the EVO header on it, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with either the stock or any aftermarket header? Any suggestions on how to prevent this in the future?

I bought a used 2014 Viper XTX a couple of months ago and after taking off the fuel tank I realized that the header was no longer attached to the engine. All six bolts had rattled themselves lose and were gone and the gasket was shredded. My sled has the EVO header on it, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with either the stock or any aftermarket header? Any suggestions on how to prevent this in the future?
Somebody just didnt torque them. Never had a problem. Have had them off many times. Couple on aftermarket headers are a bugger to get. Just tightened by feel for those.

Back