• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Headlight Cover

08PhazerRTX

Extreme
I had my headlight cover off to do some wiring and now i cant seem to get it on !! anyone have any advice on how to get the 2 rubber pieces back in the hole ... i tried and tired but i cant seem to get them in ?

Thanks Peter !

Are the grommet on the plastic shaft on the piece you removed or are they still in in the hole on the sled? Cuz if they are on the piece you removed you need to take em off and place em back in the holes before you try to put it back in or you never gonna be able to reassemble it back.

Everytime I removed my headlight cover those damn grommets would pull out of the plastic, so the last time I had them out I trimmed a bit of the plastic dart off, plus greased them up abit so they slide in and out of the grommet holes a bit easier. Of course, since then I haven't tried to pull the cover off, so am not sure how well this trick will continue to work if the grease dries out a bit.

Rick

the grommets come out with the cover. pull them off the cover and put back into the sidepanels andthen reinstall.

There are two barbs on the pin that the gromet locks to. They are 180* out from each other, so what I do is get a large flat screwdriver, squeeze the gromet opposite of the barbs with you fingers, then use the flat screwdriver to gently pry up on the gromet. This has worked everytime and no risk of damaging the helmet head thing. I think shaving down the barbs is on my list of stuff to do, it just seems I never do it when I have the cover off. Same thing happens by the way, drives me crazy.

Back