• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Headlights?

jwifferdill

Lifetime Member
Heard of some guys putting different bulbs in their Apex. What kinds are you guys using and where are you getting them? Do they make a significant difference?

Last year I bought 2 pair of Brite Lites for my wifes and my sled. One of the bulbs burned out on the first ride and I replaced it with a Sylvania Silverstar. To make a long story short I have one of each in my sled right now and don't see any difference in them. Buy the Sylvania they are a lot cheaper. I have a set of Powerbulbs that I am going to install in my Attak this winter. I hear they are real bright.

I put Silverstars in my '97 Apex. No snow here to get out and try them, though. Wanted to put in Ultra Silverstars, but couldn't find them in a 9004. Put Ultras in my F150, definitely notice a difference. From what I understand, the Ultras aren't brighter, just supposed to last longer.

Silver stars are the way to go! BIG improvement over the stockers. Best $40 you will spend on the sled. They are H-4 or 9003ST model bulbs

--Steve (O.C.)

Go with the PIAA super plasma GT-X, but theyre expensive....

Best bulb ever, and I tried zenon, etc..

Going to put one PIAA bulb in and the stock one in the other side (since its a twin bulb), and take a picture, hopefully contrasting the difference.

Got my silverstars on Ebay, if you watch that you can score a deal. Also check the site vendors, I think one of them had a good deal after I bought mine. Or maybe it was on the plugs... I can't remember for sure.

:rocks:

You can find great deals on HID conversions on e*bay and put some real light in front of you. Can't tell you at this point how reliable it will prove to be though.

Just put the 9003ST's in all our sleds here.
ALOT brighter.. but low beam is still in the dirt and high is still in the trees.
Maybe the extra brightness will help though.

I got them at an auto parts store (Murray's) $38 for a 2 pack plus they have a rebate for $5 each.

Just put the 9003ST's in all our sleds here.
ALOT brighter.. but low beam is still in the dirt and high is still in the trees.
Maybe the extra brightness will help though

Nope, just brighter in the trees or in the dirt. Too bad there is not a thumb wheel adjuster on the dash like Polaris uses.

Back