• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HEADS-UP

snowbiscuit

Expert
If you have recently purchased skid plate SMA-8Fa34-01 and you're and you are having trouble making it fit....it's not you! The holes have been drilled wrong and plate will have to be remade. Yamaha thought mine was the only bad one, but now looks like entire stock. Anyone have one used in black?

Just picked up a SMA-8FA34-00 for my 2011 SE. Hoping the different part # means fit is good. Going to wait till after first oil/filter change to try it. Thanks for the info.

Happens....Thinking you will have good luck with that number, being it's the original. That's the number I have on the 06. The 01 # is better than 1/2" shorter and I don't think made as good, along with the bad holes. Wonder, by chance they have one in black and mail to the states?

skid plate

i had one the same way and returned it. the dealer thought i was nuts until we turned a sled in the showroom on its side and it didn't match either. i love making the so called know it all dealers eat their words.
my 10 year old daugher knows more about sleds than most of them around here.

I got one on Oct 12 2010 for my 07 attak. I bought the sled used, and had a luandry list of about 40 things to do. 39 are done, and this is litterly the last thing on my list to do, is to install this plate. Are they ALL effected with this #?. Will it be obvious when I look at it? What should the holes line up with, exsisting rivets? Thanks for the help, I just need to know if I should call my dealer.......still may be a couple weeks befoore I really get to look at this

skid plate

It's the back two holes that don't align. You should be able to put in place and eyeball if the rivets are centered on the holes. If you have part number with 01 suffix there's a good chance it won't fit. When Yamaha finally acknowleded they had a problem, they told me there would not be a fix and just elongate the holes, which I thought was total BS. I then called customer service and and finally got ahold of tech dept and expressed my feelings about the so called fix. Now it looks like all of stock will be purged and plates remade.

Now it looks like all of stock will be purged and plates remade.

of course after i spent hours relocating holes in the chassis and plates on two sleds. just today i was cursing those darn things, talk about an ill fitting POS especially for what they're charging for them

Back