• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated shield install (not happy)

ApexSS

Extreme
So there has to be an easier way to for wiring in the the heated shield than directly into the battery like is say's to. Getting at that battery is a f*%king bitch! Can someone please help me out here. It says I can directly connect to an accesory but which one and where do I hook into it? Might just have to return the damn helmet.

:die

what about the plug Yami sells for the cig lighter? Mine works fine.

Thats what I thoght as well but my helmet came with wires to hook directly in the battery only. Is there an adapter that I could buy? I have an HJC. Thanks for you help.

Yami sells them for $25..or you can make them from RadioShack stuff..

Hold on someone will post on how to wire it hard I'm sure..

Yeah I was thinking that but didn't want to start cutting and splicing without hearing that someone else did it and where they tapped into it.

I would hard wire it into the back side of the ignition switch, it is a red/white wire, which is an ignition-controlled source. Or you can catch a
red/white at the fusebox (furthest left pin) in the engine compartment. This wire is also ignition-controlled. The fusebox is right above the shift mechanism for the reverse. Just make sure to verify your wires with a multimeter before you tap into them. I just checked these wires on my '07 Attak, I am assuming an Apex will be the same.

Obviously the ground for the shield will go to chassis ground to a bolt/screw.

--Steve (O.C.)

Just connect to the battery terminals on the side. Very easy to get to, simple install. Oh by the way, I'm a Wisconsin grad!!!!!!!!!! ;)!

TotallyNytro said:
Just connect to the battery terminals on the side. Very easy to get to, simple install. Oh by the way, I'm a Wisconsin grad!!!!!!!!!! ;)!

Nice. It's been an awesome year for the Blue. Talk about up and down.
Now about the sled Mr. Badger, are you talking about the terminals that are there for jumping the sled?

Yes, just bolt the shield wires to the jumper connectors and replace the rubber covers.
Good luck next week with Ohio St.

Thanks. I DID have a warm and fuzzy about next weeks game but now, not so much. Your QB is one tough bastard! Crable cheap shot him twoce and the dude bounced back up like it wasn't sh*t.
Thanks for the info, I should have thought of that but was too busy freezing my #*$&@ off reading the owners manaul on how to get to the battery. Wow, what a pain. Never again. How is it changing the oil?
Good luck with your "tough" game next week.

Sean

New AP rankings

AP Top 25
1. LSU (40) 9-1 1,590
2. Oregon (22) 8-1 1,574
3. Oklahoma (1) 9-1 1,471
4. Kansas (1) 10-0 1,439
5. West Virginia (1) 8-1 1,340
6. Missouri 9-1 1,336
7. Ohio State 10-1 1,184
8. Georgia 8-2 1,130
9. Arizona State 9-1 1,122
10. Virginia Tech 8-2 1,013
11. USC 8-2 924
12. Texas 9-2 859
13. Hawaii 9-0 827
14. Florida 7-3 814
15. Clemson 8-2 613
16. Virginia 9-2 539
17. Boise State 9-1 533
18. Boston College 8-2 527
19. Tennessee 7-3 488
20. Illinois 8-3 390
21. Cincinnati 8-2 305
22. Kentucky 7-3 283
23. Michigan 8-3 237
24. Wisconsin 8-3 182

25. Connecticut 8-2 127

Too funny. Same record and you beat us. Go figure. :Rockon:

The ground wire for the heated shield (black wire) should already have a ring terminal on it. Just put the ring terminal under one of the frame or chassis bolts. There are plenty of bolts right around the fuse box near the reverse lever. If it doesnt have a ring term, add one and do as mentioned above.

The red wire from the heated shield will go to either of the red/white wires on the sled that I mentioned in my previous post. If you wanted the shield to have power even with the sled off, you can catch solid red colored wires in the same locations I mentioned (at fuse box or at ignition key harness)

---Steve (O.C.)

I just did the heated shield wire last week. It took probably over an hour of fooling around to connect it right to the battery, but once its done its done. I was originally going to connect into the 12volt outlet, but it dosen't look as good as running the wire all the way up to the bars with the other ones.

Back