• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated shield.

Bento

Veteran
There have been several posts regarding the cigarette port and the heated shield. I believe I have read them all but cannot locate the amount of amps a regular shield draws. The shield I have is a 4 year old HJC. Also, Apex manuel states the fuse for this outlet is 3amp.

Speaking of headed sheald.What is the best heated shield.I've boughten 2 heated helmets the last couple years and I get ice on the inside of the shield.I've checked with a test light and there is power on the lenses.Any ideas

I've used an HJC the last 3 years and really like it. No problems, works great. It evens keeps freezing rain from sticking.

I just bought an HJC helmet and the electric sheild package states 1.3 amps at 13.6 volts. I installed a jack on the tank opposite the ingnition key and ran the wires to the right side cover and tapped into the brake light circuit. I fused this curcuit with a 3 amp fuse. Hope this helps.

I've had a HJC helmet with the last 3 years w/heated shield. never had any problems. need to hook it up to my apex also. looking for ideas for hookup.

GodfatherPC said:
Speaking of headed sheald.What is the best heated shield.I've boughten 2 heated helmets the last couple years and I get ice on the inside of the shield.I've checked with a test light and there is power on the lenses.Any ideas

GodfatherPC-

In the technical pages there is a write up of how to install a shield plug.

http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/heated_visor/Heated_Visor.htm

I'm certainly NOT an electrical wizard, but the person who did this write up feels strongly about the power being in the female portion of the outlet plug. Not sure if this will help...or not!

My old Skidoo had extra connectors under the hood that weren't in use. I was able to connect a visor plug to one of these spares. Do any of these new four stroke Yammys have any extra connectors that one could plug a visor plug to?

As I'm writing this, I recall that in my owner's manual (Vector) it mention a reverse beeper. Now, my dealer installed the reverse kit, but there is no beeping when I put it in reverse, which I don't mind at all. But the wiring for this beeper should be under the hood somewhere no? Perhaps I could plug into that?

Where is everyone generally wiring these plugs into?

I just bought a Yamaha Snow Force 2 with heated shield the manual say's to just hook it up directly to the battery so i just used the two jumpers yamaha supplied for the battery and tied into those is this ok or should i be using a fused circuit somewhere. :?

Thanks

I just wired up my vector. I bought a heated shield plug in from maxximum performance. I drilled a hole in the tank shroud opposite the side of the ignition switch. On that side of the tank there is already a plug in for the optional 12 volt accessory plug. It has a plug cap on the end of it. (this is by the fuel sender). There is a zip tie holding the wires to the frame, unhook this to give you more room to work, Also take the 4 screws out that hold the tank shroud on to give you room to get your hands in there.The orange wire is the hot one, black nuetral. This wire is run to a 3 amp fuse in the fuse block. Also the plug in from maxximum has a cover on it for a nice factory look.

Thanks Russraider, I found the plug that you mentioned. I'm gonna install my visor plug there.

Will the same install work on an Attak? What is the ski doo visor plug part number? How about the radio shack part number?

Thanks!

Good Info, my sled had the plug pre wired when I bought used.My shield fogged bad this weekend. I will remove the plug and install the one that came with the shield, direct to the battery with inline fuse.

Hope that fixes the problem.

Back