• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet bluetooth sets.

Can you please post pictures on how you integrated the mic into the BV2S mask? I have ideas, but I'd like to see what is working for you.

I have uclear and bv2s the music quality is awesome and I have the kind with out the boom mic. I removed the ear pads in the helmet drew the outline of the ear piece in the Styrofoam and cur it out down to the plastic inserted the speaker and it is perfect. my ridding buddies have the speakers with the mic and we did the same thing but routed the mics up along the top of the cheek pads. there is no difference in how clear I am vs. them IMO yes it is a little muffled because of the mouth piece but buy no means hard to hear. The external Mics can be damaged by putting on and removing the helmet one was damaged pretty good on buddies I would recommend the unit without the external mics.

I have two sets of those as well. I think I'll give them a try next season in the BV2S.

I didn't the mics are outside of the mask and they still work my set the mics are in the speakers on buddies they are just up on the cheek pads.

how is the sound quality with the mic outside the mask? Any distortion or clarity issues?

it is good enough it is a little clearer if you open the mask but by far good enough. I have hearing issues and can hear them perfect. I think the ones with the mic in the ear piece are clearer thou. mine are in the ear piece there's are boom mics.

I have had both the Scala and Uclear. Hands down I would go with Uclear. Less buttons, easier to use, and no boom mics to freeze up. I personally run the pro mics from Uclear and you do have to do some fine tuning on the mic placement inside your helmet to get the right audio quality. I found it is much easier to do in the house and make a telephone call to someone wearing your helmet. You may have to fine tune a little more once on your sled depending on engine noise. Some guys have issues picking up some background noise but that's all due to type of helmet and type of sled. I found the range between the Uclear and scalas seem to be the same.

I DO NOT work for Uclear but I can get anyone who is interested in buying anything from Uclear 20% off units or accessories. Send me a message if you want a discount code.

I've had my eye on these systems for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Do they work with modular helmets?

Thanks. I'm going to do a bit of research then. Both my boys have modular helmets too so I wasn't sure.

Here are some quick info on them and compare what units do what.

When I'm not talking to someone it's nice to listen to some music every now and then and I've also been able to make a few phone calls while riding. If we stop and I make a phone call I can get going again and there's now waiting around to finish up the call. I just take it down the trail. The best is though the safety part of being able to communicate between riders quickly and without stopping. Also the Uclears are able to be used with both the Scala's and Sena units. I'm able to pair my gps unit to the Uclear and my phone.

IMG_9949.JPG IMG_9950.JPG

I wish they all weren't so dang expensive.

It seems like no one brand offers the best of all worlds. You might get good sound quality with one, but limited range. Another gives you great range, but bad music sound quality. Another gives you both of those, but not good battery life. And all are around $200 a unit. Makes the decision hard. Reminds me of my work. I always tell people (this was told to me a long time ago by someone), that when it comes to enginnering or projects in general, you can pick two of these three things, but you can't have all 3 at once: 1. Good, 2. Fast, 3. Cheap. :D

I have some discount codes from previous purchases. I don't need the codes since I have three Uclear units of my own. I was in the same boat as most here asking these questions on what seems to work best for others. Like I said, I had the Scala Rider units and they turned out to be some thing that gave more headaches then they are worth. Just trying to help others out with an opinion and a savings if they want to purchase something. Especially since the cost of these units is not a cheap investment and if you don't have the opportunity to test them out before you make a purchase.

Back