• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet bluetooth sets.

I have some discount codes from previous purchases. I don't need the codes since I have three Uclear units of my own. I was in the same boat as most here asking these questions on what seems to work best for others. Like I said, I had the Scala Rider units and they turned out to be some thing that gave more headaches then they are worth. Just trying to help others out with an opinion and a savings if they want to purchase something. Especially since the cost of these units is not a cheap investment and if you don't have the opportunity to test them out before you make a purchase.

Sure toss them out for everyone. Never offered me any. :(

I think last I looked if you buy the amp pro series as a pair the discount knocks off $100 and they are then $399. They offer 30 day no questions return policy and customer service has been great when I have had to deal with them. Sent an older unit back for firmware updates and they updated it and shipped it back promptly for free.

I think last I looked if you buy the amp pro series as a pair the discount knocks off $100 and they are then $399. They offer 30 day no questions return policy and customer service has been great when I have had to deal with them. Sent an older unit back for firmware updates and they updated it and shipped it back promptly for free.

Is there anything that you wish it could do better?

Range would be the biggest upgrade. They are made to communicate at about .4 of a mile but the more units you link together the longer the range gets. They use each other to help broadcast the communications to a greater distance. Other then that I don't think I would ask for more. Like I said before simple to pair and use.

Range would be the biggest upgrade. They are made to communicate at about .4 of a mile but the more units you link together the longer the range gets. They use each other to help broadcast the communications to a greater distance. Other then that I don't think I would ask for more. Like I said before simple to pair and use.

Music playing thru them top notch?

Yeah especially with the better speakers. They are pressed right against your ears so sound is good. I found myself listening to more music with them.

I have them and the are awesome for music. I agree the range gets tight in the woods. I find myself keeping my helmet on and jamming to tunes even after we get back for a few outside burning a smoke.

From what I have been told about bluetooth communications is that the radio waves are absorbed by the snow and not bounced as if you were in a house. I have the same issues with bluetooth headphones when I go for a run.....even though I don't go running very much. But all of the communicators do what they are supposed to and that is for quick communications when close for an issue or so you don't have to stop to have that conversation. Nothing better then rolling into an intersection and either the guy who knows the way your going or has a GPS calls out the turn before your there or even for a road crossing. To me they are a helpful tool for safety when riding.

I also have the Uclear's. Been using them about 3 years now and they are excellent. The range isn't really an issue. You can still get pretty far apart before losing signal. Love not having a boom mic in my face all day and the battery life is excellent. Lasts more than a whole day of riding.

Back