• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmets?

My choice would include not only warm, but just as important quiet. I have used HJC, CKX and Zoan. There has to be better out there. If I can find a quiet one then I could use my Trail Jams and rock on!

Looking to replace my CKX helmet. Who has best modular for comfort, air leaks and warmth?

Heard some good things about Bell helmets and scorpion specific to modular.

What’s funny about shopping for a helmet is nobody, including dealers, can tell you which brand is known for better quality, no air leaks, warm, comfortable etc...

They all just try to sell what they stock. I’m not brand loyal and just want a solid light weight modular helmet. Maybe they are all pretty good now but I know some are more comfortable than others.

I’ve heard the new BRP oxygen is nice but the price is excessive. BELL and 509 have been popular at many dealers I’ve called.

509 Altitude helmet with 509 Sinister x5 goggles and a Klim Arctic Balaclava. I NEVER get cold or fog up and ride a Nytro with the stock windshield. My hands though, I’m still searching for some 0 and below gloves.

A little bit of a review of the 509 Delta 3 2.0 after one ride. It's a nice helmet, a little tighter than I'd like for an XXL (the largest available). Maybe it'll loosen a bit as the padding settles. Weight-wise, it's about the same as my old Zox. Mine is the black one and has that rubber texture all over. Feels nice but wonder how well it will resist scratching and peeling.

The neck curtain is useless as it doesn't even cover my whole neck and is of a foam type material that becomes hard as plastic in the cold. The top head vents work very well as I had to close them due to the back of my head getting cold. Once closed, it was warm enough.

I couldn't use the electric shield as the wire they supply is backwards to all other shield wiring out there. My sled already had a power line with a female RCA but their shield wire terminates as a female RCA. So instead of replacing my existing wire with theirs that has the positive RCA pin exposed and possibly shorting, I'll make my own double-ended male-male adapter.

And because of that, it fogged up pretty bad, even when I cracked open the shield. The breath deflector did little to help. The sun visor also fogged up. Oddly enough, later in the day, it cleared up and even closed, it stayed fog free, as well as the sun visor. Then, as the sun went down, it fogged up again.

Other little things, they supplied a Go-Pro mount but is useless to me as I have a Contour, which I can't put the mount on the side due to the helmet's shape (I hate mounting it on top, makes for weird position videos and makes you look like a Teletubby). They also supplied little covers for where the shield mounts so you can use goggles if you wish. As well, a helmet bag was included.

I do miss the modular part when I just want to say something to my riding buddies.

A little bit of a review of the 509 Delta 3 2.0 after one ride. It's a nice helmet, a little tighter than I'd like for an XXL (the largest available). Maybe it'll loosen a bit as the padding settles. Weight-wise, it's about the same as my old Zox. Mine is the black one and has that rubber texture all over. Feels nice but wonder how well it will resist scratching and peeling.

The neck curtain is useless as it doesn't even cover my whole neck and is of a foam type material that becomes hard as plastic in the cold. The top head vents work very well as I had to close them due to the back of my head getting cold. Once closed, it was warm enough.

I couldn't use the electric shield as the wire they supply is backwards to all other shield wiring out there. My sled already had a power line with a female RCA but their shield wire terminates as a female RCA. So instead of replacing my existing wire with theirs that has the positive RCA pin exposed and possibly shorting, I'll make my own double-ended male-male adapter.

And because of that, it fogged up pretty bad, even when I cracked open the shield. The breath deflector did little to help. The sun visor also fogged up. Oddly enough, later in the day, it cleared up and even closed, it stayed fog free, as well as the sun visor. Then, as the sun went down, it fogged up again.

Other little things, they supplied a Go-Pro mount but is useless to me as I have a Contour, which I can't put the mount on the side due to the helmet's shape (I hate mounting it on top, makes for weird position videos and makes you look like a Teletubby). They also supplied little covers for where the shield mounts so you can use goggles if you wish. As well, a helmet bag was included.

I do miss the modular part when I just want to say something to my riding buddies.
I have the same helmet in white though being I’m not fond of all these matte colors for the same reason that you mentioned. I bought some double male ended rca adapters and they plug in and have a nice fit. Have not been able to try helmet yet as we have no snow

509 Altitude helmet with 509 Sinister x5 goggles and a Klim Arctic Balaclava. I NEVER get cold or fog up and ride a Nytro with the stock windshield. My hands though, I’m still searching for some 0 and below gloves.
check out gloves from tobe outerwear most times i have my heaters off when i ride, only rode once last year when it was below 0 even then the warmers were on low. helmets i've always loved my klim f3 with the klim arctic facemask with a pair of 509 aviator goggles. this year i'm running oakley goggles so far one ride with oakley line miners so far and love them as well way better then any 509 goggle

I use skinz heatloc hand guards. Trail series. I did not want to put a taller windshield on my Vectors. I have Skidoo leather gloves that keep 3 of your fingers together. My hands never get cold. Makes hand signals a little weird Lol. I am now using my wife's old Arctic Cat TXI helmet with a heated shield. Works great a little on the heavy side. But I am used to a motorcross style helmet with goggles. Since my Vector has a plug for a heated shield I changed direction. Only fogging problem I have had is when it's warm. I just crack the shield open one click and I am good.

Back