• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil tank tubing

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
I need to replace the oil level tank tubing as it’s stained hard to see. What’s the best type of tubing and clamps? Just fuel line?

Yamaha wants $111.56. Lol
IMG_1948.jpeg

Yes, just 1/4" urethane fuel line hose. Do not use vinyl! Vinyl will be hard as a rock on cold mornings and would be prone to cracking or breaking.
No pressure (we'll, maybe 1/2 to 1 psi) in that hose so any good metal clamp is fine, either spring loaded or screw type.

I need to replace the oil level tank tubing as it’s stained hard to see. What’s the best type of tubing and clamps? Just fuel line?

Yamaha wants $111.56. Lol
View attachment 173711
I'm in the same boat. Wish they would have just had a sight glass like the chaincase.

Cost too much to put a sight glass and do it right so they use a cheap #*$&@ plastic tube. Just like it cost to much to put a drain plug in the chaincase with a filler cap on top

I bought some from Arctic Cat by the foot, wasn’t expensive

GTP Performance in Quebec sells a pre cut hose with clamps for $15. likely still best to source yourself locally

Back