• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help engine noise rs rage 05

rage rs

:4STroke: I have a 05 rage with 2600 miles bought Jan. 06 hold over sled had my dealer do the first oil change and service @500 miles was riding when engine got noisy (flash back of my 2 stroke days :Rockon: ) got it back to trailer engine will idle fine no noise give it gas sounds like rod bearings took to dealer they called yamaha (oh at first they thought it was the clutch then they called yamaha) they said to locktight the spline on the clutch shaft going to the crank did"nt work then they thought it was the counter blances on the crank now they have pulled the engine can"t wait to here (oh and did I mention 20 days out off one year engine warrenty)

05 RS RAGE
07 ATTACK GT (WOW) :ORC :yam:

rage rs, keep us updated please how your dealer works with you on this(warranty) Have you had any problems with your other sled the attack gt?thanks.Welcome to the forum. ;)!

fodskirx1 said:
rage rs, keep us updated please how your dealer works with you on this(warranty) Have you had any problems with your other sled the attack gt?thanks.Welcome to the forum. ;)!
hey heard from my dealer today after engine got broke down a main bearing mushroomed took out the conecting rod crank and the good news that yamaha is going good for it thank the snow gods for that !!!!!!!!!!!! no problem with the attack gt that is one fun sled I will keep you all up dated thanks :die :-o :Rockon: rage rs

Back