• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help Error Code 84

mshanks

Left the nytro outside the last couple of night, it was pretty cold, when I went to start it, error code 84 flashed and egine light popped on. What do I do?

I got code 84 while riding on the river couple weekends ago, this was my case: my throttle screw by the engine backed all the way out and was sitting there lose putting to much tension on the throttle screwed it back in and made sure the nut was tight this time. Then made sure the throttle was set up right but leaving a little bit of slack for a credit card to fit in between the thumb throttle and the handlebar housing. Just saying

Intermitent..

DeerHuntr said:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=83992

Yesterday my 09 mtx N/A started to run strangely. I noticed higher fuel consumption, then what seemed like backfires, and finally I had a constant battle with code 84 (to the point where I would let off the throttle and she'd die)

Looked at this thread and did the diagnostic, code 01 (throttle position) starts at 19% and goes to 94%.
Can anyone confirm that this is Okay? I would expect to see it going from 0 to 100.
There IS slack in the line at the throttlebody, that seems adequate.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
M

Looked again at the spec. that seems just fine.

Its running okay right now, may have to run the diagnostics when she's acting up to get an accurate reading.

sgilbert said:
I dont see how tors could effect milage...

Agreed. Must be something else.. like the skis with no carbides - maybe.
Tors would only go on for a short while, then when I was riding, things got better, no tors, and full power.
if it was a throttle thing then I'd expect TORS to be on and stay on - not sure what other conditions can trigger it tho.

Back