• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help guys 2014 viper backfiring stalling

yamahartx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha viper
OK guys looking for some assistance.
Have a 2014 viper new ecu and crank sensor installed at local dealer. Now the sled is backfiring and stalling on the trail .... it sounds like the timing is out . What should I do now

Backfires threw the exhaust . I did blow a top gear last year in the chain case not sure if that has anything to do with it

One thing to check is the tone wheel on the stub shaft. There have been cases found where it is no longer aligned per the notch on the splines and this directly offsets ignition timing as this tone wheel is what reads crankshaft position. To check this, you need to pull the primary clutch and then remove the stub shaft from the engine.

If you search on this site, I'm sure you can find pictures of the proper alignment for tone wheel to spline teeth.

OK I'll check that next having nothing but issues this year . I did read about this issue. Saw some pictures do you know what causes this

Back