• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

*HELP* Motor miss, stutter, loading up?

Mine does the same thing. Will it quit after a while or does the dealer need to do something with it when i take it back for the 500 mile checkup?

mine started doing this a month ago @5200 kms. I've tried adjusting the throttle cable, new spark plugs, tried all 3 coils today- no go.

Seems to happen after riding sled for 10-15 mins and when cruising at a steady rpm - like 5000-6000 rpm.

Whacking the throttle or not, it does it. just cruising I hear it out the exhaust.

Gonna try adjusting CO levels next & bypassing TORS. After that, the stock muffler goes back on. If that doesn't solve it, then I guess I'm gonna have to live with it.

Has anyone played with the throttle position sensor? Wierd that mine will act up after 15 mins. Does it everytime!!!

clutching cures the problem?

I am interested in your approach to the problem, could you elaborate on what changes are required in clutching? did you clutch for trail performance or drag? You may have something there. thanks

Ulmer stage 2 and Allen gave me the setup to get rid of the hesitation. It was bad before I changed the weights. The sled absolutely rips right now with no delay or sputter. I can make it sputter again by adding to much weight.

I think we must be talking about two seperate problems if clutching was the cure on your sled. If you talk to the guys that are on the dyno's they've got it figured, its the engine brake reduction making an extremely lean condition on throttle tip in after short throttle closed periods. It makes sence to me because mine does it consistently when those conditions are met, the other 2 XTX's we have do the same thing but arn't as noticeable without the pipes. Also the colder it gets the worse it is. Yamy knows about it and they give the factory snow crossers a cdi that bypasses the E.B.R. I'd like to talk to the turbo gurus to see what they have to say about this. I Just tried a Powercomander with the Excell map and no change as far as that goes.

Back