• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

*HELP* Motor miss, stutter, loading up?

That sounds about right, cause if your slightly on the gas and wack it...nothing....tell ya one thing it bugs the #*$&@ out of me

T T T said:
I think we must be talking about two seperate problems if clutching was the cure on your sled. If you talk to the guys that are on the dyno's they've got it figured, its the engine brake reduction making an extremely lean condition on throttle tip in after short throttle closed periods. It makes sence to me because mine does it consistently when those conditions are met, the other 2 XTX's we have do the same thing but arn't as noticeable without the pipes. Also the colder it gets the worse it is. Yamy knows about it and they give the factory snow crossers a cdi that bypasses the E.B.R. I'd like to talk to the turbo gurus to see what they have to say about this. I Just tried a Powercomander with the Excell map and no change as far as that goes.

Yep. 250km and I don't really know where to go next with this problem. Wonder if the 4s doo does the same thing. The lack of hot grips and the stupid burble is making me wonder if I did the right thing. Why can't a company that's made sleds for this long have some of these dumb little probplems solved.?

I have an 08 and when it was stock it was fine. Added the exhaust the hesitation was horrible and almost to the point the exhaust was going in the trash. I added ULMERS kit and Allen helped me out and the hesitation is GONE. I can also make it hesitate real bad if I have the weights not right. So I concluded that this was a cluthing problem.

The 08's had the issue stock as well. This is not simply isolated to 09 stockers. It is more noticable when you put a muffler or aftermarket exhaust system on due to the fact that the exhaust is louder and makes it more apparent.

hey guys i have studer but im not sure if its the same as your. when i fisrt hit the gas after being in powder i noticed the it cept studering and stuff to i started playing around and i notice that the thumb throttle has kind if a sliding pivot and if you hold the povit from moving the engine wont rev. i was talking to a friends and he told me that its to provent runaway sleds because if your throttle sticks it wont let the engine rev. so give this a try guys to see if that might be your problem because i know its mine. i dont know how to fix it yet but atleast i know its there.

BLUEBALLER said:
mine started doing this a month ago @5200 kms. I've tried adjusting the throttle cable, new spark plugs, tried all 3 coils today- no go.

Seems to happen after riding sled for 10-15 mins and when cruising at a steady rpm - like 5000-6000 rpm.

Whacking the throttle or not, it does it. just cruising I hear it out the exhaust.

Gonna try adjusting CO levels next & bypassing TORS. After that, the stock muffler goes back on. If that doesn't solve it, then I guess I'm gonna have to live with it.

Has anyone played with the throttle position sensor? Wierd that mine will act up after 15 mins. Does it everytime!!!

Could it be that the ECU is running the sled richer until it gets up to temp (Which takes 10 to 15min).

My 08 I just got does it at all temps. I took it for a good 1 hr ride in multiple conditions and it did it any time you let off the throttle and got right back on. It sucks more off trail, than on trail.

zoomzoom said:
BLUEBALLER said:
mine started doing this a month ago @5200 kms. I've tried adjusting the throttle cable, new spark plugs, tried all 3 coils today- no go.

Seems to happen after riding sled for 10-15 mins and when cruising at a steady rpm - like 5000-6000 rpm.

Whacking the throttle or not, it does it. just cruising I hear it out the exhaust.

Gonna try adjusting CO levels next & bypassing TORS. After that, the stock muffler goes back on. If that doesn't solve it, then I guess I'm gonna have to live with it.

Has anyone played with the throttle position sensor? Wierd that mine will act up after 15 mins. Does it everytime!!!

Could it be that the ECU is running the sled richer until it gets up to temp (Which takes 10 to 15min).

Mine ended up being my ultra q exhaust. The inside baffle was all fooked up - had a big split down the inside. Once I put the stock muff back on - she was good to go.

Wish'd I woulda tried that sooner. Maybe I would've kept the ol girl. Nah - probably not. LOL

Back